Music in GTA V
| This article concerns a future game or content that is unreleased.
Some details may be speculative, and may not turn out to be correct.
In GTA V, instead of just having radio stations, many missions will be scored, with specific music tracks played at specific moments in order to build atmosphere and tension. However, radio stations will continue to exist.
We though could do something interesting if we scored missions in GTA. Obviously we didn't want to lose radio stations, so we thought we'd do both. Exactly how we're going to balance between the two we're not entirely sure yet – we're still trying to figure that out. But we have some very cool people doing the score, different people, who will work in the same stem-based system that we used in the other games".
Dan Houser in The Guardian
The following songs were mentioned in previews of the game:
- "Radar Love" - originally by Golden Earring (genre: hard rock)
- "Give It to Me Baby" - originally by Rick James (genre: R&B)
The following song was confirmed to be in the game by the artist himself:
The following songs have appeared in official trailers for GTA V:
- "Ogden's Nut Gone Flake" - Small Faces (genre: psychedelic rock) - this song was heard in the first trailer.
- "Skeletons" - Stevie Wonder (genre: R&B) - this song was heard in the second trailer.
- Kavinsky on Nightride FM
- The Guardian Grand Theft Auto V Preview
- IGN Live Presents: GTA V Trailer #2, 2:09:47
- Twitter Chief Keef's Twitter