Music in GTA V
| This article concerns a future game or content that is unreleased.
Some details may be speculative, and may not turn out to be correct.
In GTA V, instead of just having radio stations, many missions will be scored, with specific music tracks played at specific moments in order to build atmosphere and tension. However, radio stations will continue to exist.
We though could do something interesting if we scored missions in GTA. Obviously we didn't want to lose radio stations, so we thought we'd do both. Exactly how we're going to balance between the two we're not entirely sure yet – we're still trying to figure that out. But we have some very cool people doing the score, different people, who will work in the same stem-based system that we used in the other games".
Dan Houser in The Guardian
- Blaine County Talk Radio - Talk radio
- Channel X - Punk rock, hardcore rock
- East Los FM - American Latin
- FlyLo FM - Electronica, IDM
- Los Santos Rock Radio - Classic rock, pop/rock
- Nightride FM - Electro House (probably) - Hosted by Kavinsky
- Non-Stop-Pop FM - Pop, dance-pop, house
- Radio Los Santos - Contemporary hip-hop, rap
- Radio Mirror Park - Indietronica, chillwave
- Rebel Radio - Outlaw country
- Soulwax FM - House, dance
- Space 103.2 - 1980's Funk, RnB, Disco
- The Blue Ark - Reggae, Dub, Dancehall
- The Low Down 91.1 - 1970's Soul, Funk
- Vinewood Boulevard Radio - Alternative rock, garage rock
- WCTR 95.6 - Talk radio
- West Coast Classics - Classic hip-hop, rap
- Worldwide FM - Ambient
The following songs were mentioned in previews of the game:
- "Radar Love" - originally by Golden Earring (1973 - genre: classic rock)
- "Give It to Me Baby" - originally by Rick James (1981 - genre: R&B)
- "Glamorous" - Fergie feat. Ludacris (2007 - genre: pop)
- "I Like It" - Enrique Iglesias (2010 - genre: dance)
- "Regulate" - Warren G feat. Nate Dogg (1994 - genre: hip-hop)
The following song was confirmed to be in the game by the artist himself:
The following songs have appeared in official trailers for GTA V:
- "Ogden's Nut Gone Flake" - Small Faces (1968 - genre: psychedelic rock) - this song was heard in the first trailer.
- "Skeletons" - Stevie Wonder (1986 - genre: R&B) - this song was heard in the second trailer.
- "Radio Ga Ga" - Queen (1984 - genre: pop/rock) - heard in the Michael trailer.
- "Hood Gone Love It" - Jay Rock (feat. Kendrick Lamar) (2011 - genre: contemporary hip-hop) - heard in the Franklin trailer.
- "Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way" - Waylon Jennings (1975 - genre: country) - heard in the Trevor trailer.
As suggested by official artwork, several new bands make an appearance in GTA V, including Barbeque Spaceflight, Sorry Commode, Anguished Cornhole, and Fatal Incursion.
- Kavinsky on Nightride FM
- The Guardian Grand Theft Auto V Preview
- IGN Live Presents: GTA V Trailer #2, 2:09:47
- Twitter Chief Keef's Twitter