Rear quarter view)|
The player on an NRG-500 in GTA San Andreas.
|Appearance(s)||[[Appearance::GTA: San Andreas]]|
|Vehicle type||Civilian motorcycle|
|Body style||Sports (racing) motorcycle|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
The NRG-500 is a superbike exclusive to Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
The NRG-500 is a racing motorcycle appearing to be tailored for Grand Prix racing. As such, the bike is designed with a highly sporty design, complete with sponsorship stickers, a racing number, and racing slicks. The bike is implied to be based on a 1984-2002 Honda NSR500 race motorcycle in design and name.
Like most sports bikes in the game, the NRG-500 comes with several design variations, including two bodykit designs (one with a more pointed profile and side airvents, and one with a rounded profile and no side airvents), two exhaust pipe configurations (one on the right side and one on the tip of the bike's tail, or one on both sides), and three side exhaust pipe designs.
Since the NRG-500 is a racing bike, the vehicle is by far the best motorcycle available in GTA San Andreas, with the best top speed, acceleration, cornering and braking within its class. The only distinctive downside of the bike is its powerful rear torque, which may occasionally force the bike into a wheelie position, momentarily making the bike less controllable. Because of its raw power and slender profile, this bike is strongly advised for the stunt jump situated atop Arco del Oeste, as the weaker bikes fall short of the landing area.
- The name is a homophone of "energy".
- All NRG-500s bare racing number "46", which is the same racing number adopted by Valentino Rossi as a matter of preference throughout his career. Interestingly, Rossi had also ridden a Honda NSR500 during the 2001 500 cc World Championship.
- It is possible that the NRG-500 is manufactured by Shitzu, as the NRG 900 from GTA IV is manufactured by this company.
- Blackfield, Las Venturas - In front of Bike School after getting gold on all tests, along with a Freeway and an FCR-900.
- East Beach, Los Santos - In the parking hall at the second floor and the top. (The parking hall has spiralling ramps)
- Easter Basin, San Fierro - Next to the containers at the docks. Starts the NRG-500 Challenge.
- Easter Bay International Airport, San Fierro - In between the two southern most hangars near a Maverick. (Appears randomly)
- Can also be stolen in one of the Las Venturas Street Races.