GTA IV |
GTA Chinatown Wars
|Vehicle type||Civilian motorbike|
|Body style||Sports bike|
|Capacity||2 (rider and passenger)|
|Manufacturer||Shitzu (GTA IV)|
The Shitzu NRG 900 is a superbike in Grand Theft Auto IV and Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, and is one of the fastest motorcycles in the game. The name suggests a connection to the NRG-500 racing bike from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas; the NRG 900 is possibly a modernized, commercial version of the NRG-500.
The NRG 900 is the only series of superbikes in GTA IV, and is available in two variants: The NRG 900F and the NRG 900RR. Cosmetic differences between the bikes are apparent, as the F variant is intended for casual use, while the RR variant is significantly sportier with fewer accessories and more aggressive styling. The NRG 900 is based on the Ducati 999R, but its headlight cover can differ between the 999-style cover, and one based on the Ducati 888's cover. The 888-style NRG 900 is called the NRG 900F, while the 999R-style NRG is called the NRG 900RR. An NRG 900 may also appear with any one of three exhaust pipe variations.
The NRG 900 is the fastest bike in GTA IV, and both variants excel at stunts and tricks; they are, however, difficult to turn, making them unsuitable for road races.
An NRG 900 in a pre-release GTA IV trailer, depicting an NRG 900F with an NRG 900RR badge, a different stripe on the body, and a later omitted "Shitzu" text on the underside.
In GTA IV, an NRG 900 is requested as part of Stevie's Car Thefts, appearing with a uniquely dark gray body color. As a new NRG 900 will respawn at the same spot until the player delivers one to S&M Auto Sales, the player can save one at their safehouse before delivering another.
- NRG is a homophone of the word energy.
- Driving a NRG 900 seems to greatly increase the chance of rare sports cars spawning in or around Star Junction.
- In perfect condition the NRG 900 can be sold at S&M Auto Sales for $2,500 in GTA IV after completion of Stevie's Car Thefts.
- In GTA IV, the default radio station in the NRG 900 is Liberty City Hardcore.
- A motorcycle dealership stocking both the F and RR variants is located in Westdyke, Alderney. Stealing bikes from the shop will attract police attention.
- Two NRG 900s can be found at Francis International Airport. One is in the high-security runway area, which attracts a 4-star wanted level; the other is safely accessible on the northern edge of the runway area, behind the landing lights by the northernmost radar station.
- The NRG 900 is common in all of Liberty City.
- Frank Garone owns a NRG 900 which can be obtained after you kill him during the mission, I Need Your Clothes, Your Boots, and Your Motorcycle.
- The NRG 900 can also be spawned by dialing (625)-555-0100.
- The NRG 900 is an extremely poor choice and not recommended for the bike races in The Lost and Damned. It has high speed, but is almost impossible to control and has a tendency to spin out with the slightest touch of oversteer on the controller, making the races impossible to win.