The Newsvan is, as self explained, a news van in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
The Newsvan is designed as a newscrew van for SAN News, with a satellite dish on the roof, and its rear compartment containing crudely rendered broadcasting equipment as well as a chair. It has no special function (despite having a satellite dish), and is not important to any missions. The front appears to based on a fourth generation Ford Econoline but the sides seem to be from the third generation Econoline. The sides could as well be from a 1979–1993 Dodge Ram Van since the taillights seem inspired from one.
The performance of the Newsvan is moderate-to-excellent, with a moderate acceleration with good torque, a good top speed, good hill climbing capabilities, and good durability. Due to its height, however, it has a tendency to flip if driven over rough terrains. Its brakes are also poor in some ways.
In the mission Cut Throat Business there is a chance to get a indestructible Newsvan with a unique white color. The player will need a flamethrower, a sawn-off shotgun and a satchel charge. Simply start the mission attach a few satchels to Madd Dogg, then leave him behind, then head on over to the video shoot and you should see the Newsvan, set the ground on fire, get in the Newsvan, after it explodes, kill Madd Dogg with the Satchel, then push the Newsvan to a garage only with a sawn-off shotgun.
- White Newsvan.jpg
The white Newsvan.
- The default radio station in the Newsvan is West Coast Talk Radio.
- Found atop Missionary Hill next to the building with the Sutro Tower-like antenna tower.
- Sometimes found in the parking lot of the Los Santos International Airport.
- The special white version can be obtained in the mission Cut Throat Business.
- TV Van, GTA 1, GTA London and GTA 2 equivalents.
- VCN Maverick and News Chopper.
- Gumshoe, a GTA Chinatown Wars equivalent.