Not to be confused with the thermal vision goggles (though they share an identical icon), the night-vision goggles amplifies extremely dim, available light and present it in a green-ish display so the player can see more clearly in dark areas. After equipping the goggles, it is possible switch to another weapon while retaining the thermal vision goggles' effects and even drive vehicles. They will only become available once the player has passed Breaking the Bank at Caligula's.
The night-vision goggles look similar to the the ones worn by Sam Fisher in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, a stealth/shooting game, and adopts the exact model as the thermal vision goggles.
- East Los Santos, Los Santos - Inside Big Smoke's Crack Den, in the warehouse area.
- Mulholland, Los Santos - Inside Madd Dogg's Crib, towards the kitchen behind the stairs that lead to the bedrooms.
- Foster Valley, San Fierro - Along one of the brick alleyways.
- Restricted Area, Bone County - On a watchtower platform (Instant 5-Star Wanted Level).
- Sherman Dam, Tierra Robada - In generator hall.