Nines and AKs
|Nines and AKs|
Carl Johnson telling Sweet that the Grove Street Families should get reacquainted with Emmet
|Game||GTA San Andreas|
|Location||Ganton, Los Santos, San Andreas|
9mm spawn point at Emmet's
Nines and AKs is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas given to protagonist Carl Johnson by Grove Street Families leader and brother Sweet from his home in the Grove Street cul-de-sac in the Ganton neighbourhood of Los Santos, San Andreas.
Sweet, Ryder and Big Smoke are playing a game of dominoes as Carl comes in. Carl asks them what kind of weapons the gang has got. Ryder replies negatively, with Carl leading to think about Emmet, a member of the Seville Boulevard Families. Smoke decides to accompany him to Emmet's.
The two hop on Smoke's car as make their way to Emmet's place in Willowfield. Emmet doesn't recognize them at first but after a brief talk they introduce each other. Emmet offers his assistance to them as they go target practicing. Big Smoke demonstrates how to shoot stuff, as Carl follows his every move. Besides shooting glass bottles, he also shoots at a gas tank of a vehicle. Emmet hails Carl's shooting skills and tells him to drop by whenever he needs a gun. Carl and Big Smoke drive back to Smoke's house in Idlewood afterward.
After a moment, Carl receives a call from Sweet and is told to check out the Binco clothing store nearby the gym in Ganton and change to a pair of green colored clothes to represent Grove Street. Carl heads for there, purchases new clothes, and exits the shop.
The reward for this mission is an increase in respect. The mission Drive-By is unlocked. A pistol would now always spawn at Emmet's, and the player can use the Binco, ProLaps and Sub Urban clothing stores.
- Despite Emmet saying 'Emmet's is the place for guns', the only weapon available is a 9mm Pistol.
- During the first cutscene, the song playing in Sweet's house is Dr Dre & Snoop Dogg - Fuck Wit Dre Day; this song can also be heard on Radio Los Santos.
- Despite the name of the mission, an AK-47 is never seen in the mission, however Ryder gets an AK off Emmet in Reuniting the Families.
- Emmet shoots a Desert Eagle gun but gives off the 9mm pistol sound.
- In the PC version of the game, even if the controls are set to "Mouse + Keys" (standard controls configuration), which doesn't have an auto-aim feature, the instructions given to shoot the bottles still displays controls only used for auto-aiming.
- During the cutscene, Emmet's wearing a red shirt under his jacket, but while in game learning how to shoot, Emmet is wearing a white shirt under his jacket.
- The player can cause basketballs to spawn by repeatedly blowing up Big Smoke's car during the mission. However, this will cause the mission to fail.