Rear quarter view)|
An Oceanic in GTA Vice City.
GTA Vice City |
GTA San Andreas
GTA Vice City Stories
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||4-door sedan|
|Capacity||4 (driver and 3 passenger)|
Designed after 1950s-'60s car designs, the front and roof of the Oceanic resemble a 1961 Dodge Dart, 1961 Dodge Polara, or 1962 Dodge Custom 880 ; the sides are reminiscent of a 1955 Oldsmobile 88, and the back resembles that of a 1955 Chevrolet (note that the Glendale also combines 1961 Dodge and 1955 GM vehicles, including the Polara, possibly suggesting that they share a manufacturer or are somehow related).
In GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas, the Oceanic is always seen with a two-tone paint job, white with another color along the side and rear, a style typical of mid-'50s cars; in GTA Vice City Stories, the car is also seen with a single body color.
GTA Vice City (Rear quarter view).
GTA San Andreas (Rear quarter view).
GTA Vice City Stories (Rear quarter view, two-tone body color
The Oceanic only has a moderate top speed, but it has great handling and torque. However, it is also prone to flipping, especially when attempting to go around corners at top speed. Despite its setbacks, its built quality is excellent and can withstand a lot of damage before blowing up, so it is a pretty good choice for ramming into other cars. This, combined with its 4 person capacity makes it a considerable choice for drive-bys or police evasion.
- The Oceanic's design serves as the basis of one of two Bloodring Bangers in GTA Vice City, featuring tweaked handling and performance and a modified body design. Unlike its counterpart, the Glendale-based Bloodring Banger, the Oceanic-based variant is not carried over to GTA San Andreas.
- An Oceanic with briefcases in the trunk appears in GTA Vice City in the mission "Bar Brawl". However, though it can be driven, this car cannot be saved.
Car modification (GTA San Andreas)
- Color (two areas)
- Wheels (ten types)
- Nitro (three types)
- Bass Boost
- In GTA San Andreas, the Oceanic plays Bounce FM by default when entered.
The Oceanic is widely available in GTA Vice City and GTA Vice City Stories. This may be due to the large areas of beach in these two games. In GTA San Andreas, the Oceanic can be seen driven by members of the Los Santos Vagos, and as such, the Oceanic becomes a little harder to find after the player has taken over all of their gang territory.
- GTA Vice City
- In front of Ocean View Hotel in Ocean Drive, Ocean Beach. The car constantly appears with a yellow-white paintjob.
- GTA San Andreas
- Common in Los Santos Vagos territories like East Beach, Las Colinas and Los Flores. Though, it can still be found after all Vagos turf is taken over (see below).
- Spawns (after the Los Santos Vagos have been forced out of Los Santos) while driving a Majestic or Perennial in north-east Los Santos (Monday).
- Can spawn in ex Vagos turf while driving a Tahoma.
- Spawns in Varrios Los Aztecas territories such as El Corona, Los Santos.
- Also often found in Santa Maria Beach, Marina, and Rodeo.
- Spawns often while driving a Blade, Perennial, Blista Compact, Rancher, or Slamvan.
- Can spawn in Vigilante and Firefighter.
- Rare spawnings while driving a Mesa
May also spawn in other beach areas of Los Santos.
- Spawns more often while the beach theme cheat is active.
- GTA Vice City Stories
- Ocean Beach, down the road eastward from where Ken Rosenberg's office would be in GTA Vice City.
- Often seen guarding the target vehicles in Robbery missions.