The name is based on Jaguar as both names are taken from species of the feline family and the company features design cues based on Maserati and Jaguar, as well as subtle touches from McLaren-Mercedes. The first Ocelot vehicle introduced in the series is the F620. The Ocelot brand was originally identified from a billboard in Star Junction, as the F620 in The Ballad of Gay Tony lacked badges.
|Vehicle||Style||Based on||Appears in||Variants|
|GTA IV||TLAD||TBOGT||GTA V|
|F620||Supercar||2007—present Maserati GranTurismo, 2006—present Jaguar XK||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Jackal||Four-door coupé||Jaguar XF, Saab 9-5||No||No||No||Yes|
- The name of the company could be a reference to the British television show The New Statesman. One of the episodes shows a car company called "Ocelot Motors".
- There is a military vehicle manufacturer based in Bedfordshire, England called Team Ocelot. Their vehicle is a SUV called the Team Ocelot LPPV.
- The ocelot is a species of wild cat like the jaguar, but far smaller. In addition, the jaguar is a member of the Genus Panthera in the Subfamily Pantherinae, while the ocelot is a member of the Genus Leopardus in the Subfamily Felinae, making the ocelot far more removed than the leopard, lion or tiger.
- Jugular, a car manufacturer in earlier GTA games also based on Jaguar.
- Windsor, a car in GTA San Andreas based on the 1960's Jaguar E-Type.