Error creating thumbnail: File missing
|Game||The Lost and Damned|
|For||Thomas Stubbs III|
|Target||Rescuing routed prisoners.|
|Unlocked by||Coming Down|
For this mission, you once again visit the crooked politician Thomas Stubbs III. He's at the same location, with the same arrogant butler, but this time, Stubbs is in a steam room. Johnny eventually enters and listens to Stubbs' plan - to "liberate" some white-collar criminals (charged with insider trading) from a prison transport bus. Johnny tries desperately not to pass out from heat exhaustion, being that he's in a leather jacket fully-clothed in a steam room. He finally gets out of the room and the mission is underway.
You go to the location on Rand Avenue and a short cutscene takes control, showing you the layout of the area. Once in control, Johnny bursts into the area and eliminates all the cops within the area, stealing the prison transport bus. Alternatively, wait for the bus to start moving. Then simply follow it with your wheels and wait until it stops in front of a red traffic light. Now you can gain control of it, without having to deal with all the policemen. From here, Johnny has to evade a three star wanted rating. When that's over with, you drive over to the south end of Alderney to a dock to let the prisoners off in a few waiting boats, while one of the crew waiting for you dumps the prison bus into the water. Interestingly enough, aside from the mostly-harmless (physically speaking) white-collar criminals, there also appears to be a Hannibal Lecter-like cannibal/serial killer aboard the bus, who in turn boards the boats out of the area. After the successful completion of the mission, Johnny expresses a joking fear for the people on the ship with the convict in a phone conversation with Stubbs.
- "Off Route" is the one of the two missions where you can get the Prison Bus, one being the final mission, "Get Lost".
- A Rhapsody with a unique light blue body color will spawn in front of the player in the beginning of the mission.
- The Prison Bus is impervious to damage between the time the player reaches the police station until the player evades the police in the bus.
- If the player drives the Prison Bus down Bridger Street to Panhandle Road, the player will encounter a large number of moving police cars spawning from both sides of Panhandle Road to stop the player. Similarly, the player will also stumble across a group of (non-hostile) Angels of Death bikers leaving the Booth Tunnel and traveling along Asahara Road on bikes if the player heads to the road southwards via Rand Avenue.
- The cannibal serial killer's name is Curtis Stocker. The Liberty City Tree website mentions his name after the prison bus escape.