Out of Commission
|Out Of Commission|
Little Jacob telling Niko and Roman they should follow some Pegorino mobsters to their boss.
Koresh Square, Alderney
XBOX 360 Achievement/PS3 Trophy - You Won
Out of Commission is the final mission of the main storyline of Grand Theft Auto IV, provided that the player chose the "Revenge" ending. It is given to protagonist Niko Bellic from Little Jacob via cell phone.
After Roman's and Mallorie's wedding, Niko receives a phone call from Little Jacob telling him he and Roman found some of Jimmy Pegorino's mobsters in a building in Koresh Square in Alderney. Afterwards Niko goes to the two who are waiting in a Cognoscenti, and they begin to pursue the mobsters to Jimmy Pegorino. After an extended car chase the two eventually lead them to an abandoned casino in the North of Alderney. Niko then fights his way into the casino, until he finds Pegorino. Pegorino states that if he would've worked him things would be better, and Kate's death was Niko's fault. He then runs away and boards a boat on a jetty after letting loose more of his guards which are killed. He then gives chase by using a dirt bike and staying on the shore. After a short while, Roman and Jacob arrive in an Annihilator. Niko then jumps onto it by means of a ramp. Once aboard he flies over Pegorino's boat with Jacob shooting at it. The boat catches on fire but due to a rocket launcher so does the Annihilator. The two vehicles then crash onto Happiness Island where Pegorino runs under the statue, and Niko tracks him down, and kills him.
After killing him the credits roll and end with Niko saying "So this is what the dream feels like, this is the victory we longed for".
- Jimmy Pegorino - Murdered by Niko to avenge the death of Kate McReary who was killed at Roman's wedding.
- The rewards for completing this is $250,000, as well as the trophy/achievement "You Won". Also completing the mission, and game under thirty hours will reward the player with the "Liberty City Minute" trophy/achievement. The Annihilator will also now be available to the player
- Like in A Revenger's Tragedy, the track "Pruit Igoe" by Philip Glass can be heard over the final cutscene. This song can be heard on The Journey during normal gameplay, and was notably used in the first GTA IV trailer. The song can also be heard on the radio during final moment's of the car chase.
- Shortly after, Niko will receive a call from Roman saying Mallorie is pregnant and if it is a girl, they will name her in Kate's memory. In the "Deal" ending, Mallorie reveals it to be a boy, but the gender is not specified in "Revenge".
- A couple of days after completing the mission, Niko may receive a call from Kate. She will ask Niko to take her on a date, as if she never died. If Niko accepts, the date will function as normal. This is a glitch.
- Even if you haven't got an AK-47, Niko will still hold one in the last cutscene and kill Jimmy Pegorino with it.
- There is a flying rat under the ramp when you do the motorcycle stunt to grab the helicopter railing; however, attempting to kill it will most likely cause the player to fail the mission.
- Roman is still wearing his wedding suit, even though it was a while since his wedding (Niko had time for sleep), Jacob is also wearing the clothes he wore for the wedding.
- It is possible to dodge the final rocket near Happiness Island. To do this, you have to fly high in the air and above Jimmy's boat and to the right above South East Alderney. When the cutscene shows Jimmy escaping into the island, it'll show the helicopter on fire and out of control, even if you dodge the last rocket.
- It's impossible to kill Jimmy before landing at the Happiness Island.
- The mission's title refers to the Pegorino Family's inability to enter The Commission because of Niko's interference.
- After the credits stop rolling, Niko will recieve a call from Packie, stating that Kate should not have been killed and that it was the McReary men who were the sinners. This is the only time that you will hear Packie cry.
- Also if you spared Derrick in Blood Brothers, suprisingly he's not even mentioned by Packie during the conversation. Packie says that he himself is the only child his mother has around since Kate is now dead and Gerry is in prison serving a long sentence but Derrick is never mentioned even when he's kept alive. However, it is possible that he once again left the family, possibly back to Ireland.
- It is not known how the player also gets the $250,000 in the "Revenge" Storyline, but it's possible that Niko could have gotten the cash from Pegorino or his crime family.
- The boat that Pegorino uses to escape is the same as the one used by Niko to chase Dimitri in the Deal ending.
- If the player fails to climb up into Jacob's Annihilator in time, they will fall into the sea and the helicopter will crash.