Out of the Closet
|This page needs to be cleaned up to meet the standards of Grand Theft Wiki.|
|Out of the Closet|
Brucie Kibbutz and Niko and Roman Bellic discussing their next move with Tom Rivas.
|Location||Mohanet Ave in East Hook, Broker|
|Unlocks||No. 1, Blow Your Cover, and access to www.love-meet.net|
|Unlocked by||Easy as Can Be and Roman's Sorrow|
Out of the Closet is a mission in Grand Theft Auto IV given to protagonist Niko Bellic by Brucie Kibbutz from his flat on Mohanet Ave in East Hook, Broker, Liberty City. It is unlocked by the missions Easy as Can Be and Roman's Sorrow.
Brucie wants Niko to kill Tom Rivas, cousin of Lyle Rivas, because he hasn't paid his debt. Tom Rivas is in hiding and the only way to find him is to arrange a date through the website www.love-meet.net, where Roman and Brucie created a profile for Niko to attract Rivas.
After the cutscene finishes, go to a TW@ Internet Cafe, log onto a computer and click on the Love-Meet advertisement, then click on Male. Scroll down until you find the user FrenchTom and click on the More link under his picture, then scroll down and click on Date. This part of the mission will end upon exiting the cafe.
Check back for a reply in about one day (you can conduct side-missions like Drug Delivery, date Michelle or go on activities with friends, or do another mission while you wait). Roman or Brucie will text you to remind you to check your email if you haven't done so after a while. When you receive a reply from Rivas, he will ask you to meet him at the 69th Street Diner at "12:00". The date will either be 12:00am or 12:00pm on the same day or the next day, and an appointment will be entered into your phone.
The second part of the mission will begin two hours before the date. You will be reminded of the date and a date icon will be placed on your map. Go to the diner and look for him, he will be wearing a red rose on his shirt. Walk up to him, and Niko will sit down to begin the date. At any time during the conversation you can stand up and kill him to complete the mission. If you let the conversation play out to the end, Rivas will get up and run out of the cafe, chase him down and kill him to complete the mission. You can also just shoot him in the head when you enter the diner. Either way, you end up with a 2-star wanted level which must be lost before the mission is completed.
Roman Bellic: Hey, man.
Niko Bellic: Hey, guys.
Brucie Kibbutz: Fifty-nine... sixty... Hey! Hit me.
Niko Bellic: What?
Brucie Kibbutz: Hit me, come on! Ohh, motherfuckers....
Roman Bellic: Niko, you wanna go on a date?
Niko Bellic: Ehh...
Roman Bellic: Come on. What's wrong with you?
Niko Bellic: Okay. Who is she?
Roman Bellic: That's the thing, it's a guy.
Niko Bellic: Fuck you.
Brucie Kibbutz: No. Dude, listen! The cousin of that guy you killed, Lyle Rivas, owes me a lot of money. And the dick won't pay. Instead he's said he's going to have me killed, that bitch. Hi-ah!
Roman Bellic: Brucie, you got to chill. For real.
Brucie Kibbutz: Yeah, yeah, yeah...
Roman Bellic: Now listen, NB, this guy is in hiding. But - he's a serious co...
Brucie Kibbutz: He's a serious cockhound.
Niko Bellic: Oh. So you think of me.
Brucie Kibbutz: No! But the guy knows me, and I don't think anyone would date that fat Slav.
Roman Bellic: So, I'm just doing your profile.
Niko Bellic: Alright, let me see... I am a "vulnerable guy who needs to be held by big strong arms"?
Roman Bellic: Yeah.
Niko Bellic: You got to be kidding me!
Roman Bellic: I knew we should have made him a giver not a taker, Brucie!
Brucie Kibbutz: Oh, shut up! Now listen, Nicky... I need you. And I will pay heavily for this.
Niko Bellic: Okay. And Roman, cousin? You're a dick.
Brucie Kibbutz: Ahh! Nicky!
- During their meeting, Tom asks Niko if he knows "Gay Tony"; Tony is involved in several plot twists later in GTA IV, and takes a more pivotal role in the GTA IV add-on The Ballad of Gay Tony.
- The player does not need to sit down beside Tom in order to kill him. Simply enter through one of the doors, turn auto-aim off and shoot Tom in the back of the head. This gives the player a quicker advantage as usually a man sitting behind Tom reveals a gun and attacks Niko, along with other Russian mobsters.
- Humorously, Niko's fake profile in love-meet.net seems to have been written by both Roman and Brucie, with the writer apparently changing in the middle of various sentences. Various parts mention steroids and VIP living (Brucie) and other parts are more normal (Roman).
- Strangely, the picture of Niko on the Love meet profile shows him in Star Junction in Algonquin. However, this area can not be accessed at this point in the game due to the closure of the bridges, although it could have been an edited photo by Brucie and Roman.
- The name of the mission is related to the slang name for admitting one's homosexuality.
- This mission is later referenced in an email from Roman titled "Great News", where he mentions that his upcoming marriage means "no more threesomes!". If the player chooses to respond positively, Niko will mention that Brucie will be disappointed about the threesomes, with Roman responding "Fuck you! At least I never dated a man! Unlike you!".
- The trigger location for the mission is located several blocks north of Brucie's garage, where previous missions for him were triggered, yet the cutscene takes place in the same apartment seen earlier.