Rear quarter view)|
A Patriot in GTA III.
GTA Vice City
GTA San Andreas
GTA Liberty City Stories
GTA Vice City Stories
GTA Chinatown Wars]]
|Vehicle type||Military/civilian 4WD truck|
|Body style||4-door crew cab|
|Manufacturer||Mammoth (GTA IV)|
The Patriot is an off-road vehicle in the Grand Theft Auto franchise, meant to parody Hummer.
- 1 Design
- 2 Performance
- 3 Variants
- 4 Trivia
- 5 Notable owners
- 6 Locations
In general, the Patriot is depicted as a large SUV, employed by both the military and civilians. The Patriot resembles an AM General HMMWV (GTA VC, GTA SA, GTA VCS), a Hummer H1 (GTA III, GTA LCS, GTA CW) and a Hummer H2 (GTA IV).
GTA III — GTA Vice City Stories
In GTA III and Liberty City Stories, it is popular as a civilian SUV, often found in Portland and Staunton Island. In GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City Stories, however, the vehicle is reserved for military use, reflecting the adoption of the HMMWV at the time and the civilian Hummer having yet to gain the popularity that it would in later years. These military Patriots come with four different bed configurations.
The design of the Patriot undergoes only minor cosmetic changes for most of the GTA III era. The GTA San Andreas rendition, however, features significant modifications on the body which present the Patriot as a more rugged, off-road vehicle. This Patriot features a shortened truck bed, slanting A and C pillars, a vehicle snorkel (which unfortunately does not allow the truck to wade in water) and redesigned front and rear fascia.
The military variants of the Patriot are exclusively painted military green in GTA Vice City and GTA Vice City Stories, and beige in GTA San Andreas; the GTA Vice City Stories variant also features a five-pointed star on the hood lid, denoting its association with the United States' armed forces.
During development, the Patriot in GTA III was previously known as the "Hum Vee", after the HMMWV's "Humvee" nickname. The Hum Vee differs from the Patriot in its particularly low ground clearance, and in the front of the vehicle being more similar to the real-life Humvee's.
GTA IV — GTA Chinatown Wars
In GTA IV, the Patriot is under the Mammoth brand which is GTA's version of Hummer.The Patriot is based on the 2003-2009 Hummer H2. The tailights and windows on the Patriot looks similar to the Hummer H3. the front Grille also looks different.All patriot have large rims with low profile tires which is custom more or less.Some Patriot may come with a American Flag Vinyl on the side (hence the name "Patriot". The Patriot's engine sounds much like the Ford Mustang GT from the Need for Speed games.
In GTA Chinatown Wars, the Patriot is depicted with a two-door, pickup truck-like body style, similar to a 2-door Hummer H1 pickup truck, complete with a permanent canvas covering over its extended bed, while retaining its oversized and angular design. This marks the first time in the series the Patriot is depicted in this form.
GTA III — GTA Vice City Stories
The GTA III era Patriot has medium top speed, due to its heavy weight. It is very durable, and has outstanding off-road capabilities, mainly because of high ground clearance, unusual width, and suspension. It can climb very steep gradients due to its low gear boost, and does not roll, due to the low center of gravity. Because it has a low gear boost, its engine sounds big, and it is average speed for a large, heavy SUV, it wouldn't be a bad idea to assume that the Patriot has a turbocharged V8.
GTA IV — GTA Chinatown Wars
The GTA IV rendition is similar but has some changes. The Patriot, like its real life counterpart the Hummer H2 is extremely heavy and as a result cannot go particularly fast with the patriots top speed being 180km/h (110mph). Because of its weight the Patriot's engine sometimes struggles to pull its heavy weight. The patriot also has a very soft suspension and its ground clearence its relatively high too. The patriot's brakes arent that good and caution must be used when the player goes at high speeds. The patriot has a rather wide turning radius and because of its suspension, it has a tendensy of rolling over which also limit's its usefullness to high speed car chases. The Patriot can pretty much plow through any given opstacle, and because of its height can run over small cars or fences. The Engine lid is hinged to the front and wont fly off if an impact disloges it.
The off-road performance of GTA IV's Patriot is, as expected, excellent, with high ground clearance, good approach and departure angles, and the engine has enough power to pull the car up steep sandy hills without trouble.
The Patriot is best used for combat, off roading, and crusing. The patriot is good for combat because it has a stong body which is able to withstand loads of bullets, it also has a small cabin which makes shooting out the occupants rather difficult, and its engine doesnt stall easily and at low wanted levels the patriot can plow through small police cars.The enigne is also strong enough to push/tow heavy trucks or cars. Other than that the patriot is great for cruising or to impress a Girlfriend.
- The player is given a unqiue Bulletproof Patriot from Ray Machowski after completeing the mission Marked Man.
GTA San Andreas
- Big Smoke's yay couriers ocassionally use Patriots . This car is bullet-, fire- and explosionproof. The way to obtain it is to go to Ganton on Friday at around 5 AM. Make sure to have a tow truck. Then the player will get a call in which the player has to deny, afterwards the Patriot will begin driving off. Damage the Patriot and the driver will get out. After that, take the towtruck and pull it to a garage. (This must be done before Yay Ka-Boom-Boom)
GTA Liberty City Stories
- The Colombian Cartel owns a unique pink Patriot with a blue reflection which is seen and used during the mission Contra-Banned.PThe player can obtain it by pushing it in shallow water. When the mission fails the, push it back up and take it to a garage.
- The Sindacco Family uses a Patriot during the mission A Volatile Situation. This patriot has a dark brown colour with a red reflection. To get it just simply finish the mission while driving the car.
- DB-P drives a unique yellow bulletproof Patriot during the mission False Idols.
- A black Patriot with a gold reflection can be obtained during the side mission AWOL Angel.
- The NOOSE uses a custom Patriot to chase the player when the wanted level is at 3 stars or higher. For more info, see NOOSE Patriot.
- Playboy X owns a unqiue yellow Patriot, which can be seen in Blow Your Cover, Deconstruction for Beginners, Photo Shoot and Holland Play (If player chooses to kill Playboy X) . This Patriot has no other accessories such as Roof lights or a Flag Vinyl.
- Two gray Patriots can be seen in the mission Photo Shoot. One of the patriots is dark grey while the other is bluish silver. Both have also a pearlescent finish.
- For Brucie's Exotic Exports he requests that you get him a Patriot. This Patriot is silver with just the slightest touch of blue in it. The flag on this one is completely random.
- For Stevie's Car Thefts he request that you get a Patriot. This patriot is yellow and always comes with the flag vinyl.
- If the player has reached a certain percentage with Dwayne Forge than if you ever request for backup he will send two North Holland Hustlers to assist you. They may come in a unique blood red Patriot, which is obtainible once they exit the vehicle. The flag is also random in this one
- The North Holland Hustlers and the M.O.B. uses the Patriot as their gang car. This Patriot is black (some have flag vinyls), has rooflights, chromed exhaust pipes and a bull bar on the front.
- A Patriot with significantly lower ground clearance can be seen in the Assasin mission "Dead End." The vehicle will lose this trait when the driver gets out of the vehicle.
GTA Chinatown Wars
- Earlier GTA III/GTA Vice City renditions of the Patriot are featured in Manhunt 2, during an opening scene of "Most Wanted", as transport for The Bloodhounds.
- In GTA San Andreas, the player can access the K.A.C.C. Military Aviation Fuel Depot via ground if he/she approaches the gate with a Patriot (this also works with the Barracks OL).
- The Patriot in GTA Vice City Stories cannot be repaired at a Pay n' Spray.
- In GTA IV, the two default radio stations in the Patriot are The Beat 102.7 and The Classics 104.1.
- If the player calls Dwayne for backup in GTA IV, members of the North Holland Hustlers will come in a unique red Patriot (unless they arrive in a Presidente or a PMP 600 of the same color.
- If the Patriot is resprayed multiple times in GTA IV, its body color will eventually between only two colors: Gray or dark blue.
- The Patriot will sell for a maximum of $5,000 at S&M Auto Sales after completion of Stevie's Car Thefts.
- Under the "Chinatown Wars" section of the Rockstar Games Social Club website, members may download a printable papercraft model of a Patriot. The vehicle's design is more alike that of GTA IV than GTA Chinatown Wars.
- Carl Johnson
- Big Smoke
- Playboy X owns a unique yellow Patriot.
- Dwayne Forge
- Phil Cassidy owns a green Patriot
- GTA III
- Supa Save!, Portland View, Portland (starts Patriot Playground side mission)
- Shoreside Park, Shoreside Vale (accessed from Wichita Gardens). Starts Gripped! side mission.
- Claude is given a bulletproof Patriot after finishing Ray Machowski's missions.
- Patriots can randomly spawn in the Newport Multistory Car Park
- GTA Vice City
- Inside Phil Cassidy's hideout, Little Haiti
- Inside Fort Baxter Air Base
- Inside the film studio, Prawn Island
- GTA San Andreas
- Easter Bay Chemicals, Flint County only during Exports and Imports mission (first list)
- Importable from the Easter Basin docks inn San Fierro after first list completion for $32,000 on Saturday
- At the end of the dock next to the carrier at the Easter Basin Naval Station
- On the airstrip of Area 69 in Bone County, near the gate
- Spawns in the parking lot of the hospital in Las Venturas, but only in the mission Intensive Care
- GTA Liberty City Stories
- GTA Vice City Stories
- Two parked inside the Fort Baxter Air Base, which can be accessed before completing Conduct Unbecoming, or risk by jumping over the side cabin to re-enter the base after that mission, or after completing the storyline while wearing the Army Fatigues.
- GTA IV
- Star Junction, Algonquin (not a specific location but always seems to be one driving around).
- Sometimes found parked around the side of the street in Broker or Dukes.
- Black gang variants of the Patriots, along with regular Patriots, commonly spawn in North Holland, Algonquin, Firefly Projects, Broker and Acter, Alderney.
- Found in Castle Gardens for Stevie's Car Thefts. This Patriot has a unique Yellow patriot, and this patriot always comes with a Flag Vinyl
- GTA Chinatown Wars
- Available for purchase at the BOABO Auto Merchant after completing "The Wheelman".
- A black "Bulletproof Patriot" is available for purchase at the BOABO Auto Merchant after completing the "Peking Duck Hunt" on the Rockstar Games Social Club.
- Can be found in a fenced-off warehouse area at the southern end of Francis International Airport next to the Rhino which activates the side mission Fast Tracks.