The chassis mainly resembles a 1955-1957 Ford Thunderbird but it has double taillights instead of single ones, giving the rear end a similar appearance to Cadillacs from the early '60s (1961, 1963). The headlights loosely based from a 1966 or 1967 Pontiac (with bigger lights and somewhat altered headlight bezels to fit into the mid-1950s era), there are other vehicles with similar headlights but they still look closer to the Pontiac's, and the lights on the front bumper might be from 1959 Fords. Cops sometimes call it a "jalopy". The Peyote is available in coupe and convertible forms, as well as occasionally appearing with a continental kit (a rear-mounted spare tire), or tiger/zebra skin patterns on the seats and a pair of black fuzzy dice. The badging on sides read "V10 supercharged", but the engine actually has eight cylinders.
The performance of the Peyote is below average in comparison to other cars of similar size in the game, however it tops the top speed leaderboard for the "vintage" class in a multiplayer Race. The vehicle suffers from an underpowered engine that is unable to provide both good acceleration and top speed. Its long wheelbase and small tires also result in poor cornering and stability, often requiring the aid of the handbrake to make moderately sharp turns. A it its top speed the Peyote handles badly but if turned just slightly it will not spin.
- After collecting all thirty cars for Stevie, he agrees to purchase cars from Niko Bellic, with the Peyote fetching $2,500.
- "Peyote" is the real-life common name of a North American breed of cactus famous for its powerful psychoactive properties.
- In Grand Theft Auto IV, the two default radio stations in the Peyote are IF99 - International Funk and K109 The Studio.
- Peyote (GTA4) (rear).jpg
Rear quarter view of a Peyote coupe (without a continental kit).
- Peyote (bird's eye rear view).jpg
A convertible Peyote, depicting part of the car's interior and an additional continental kit at the rear.
- Peyote (GTA4) (custom) (interior).jpg
The interior of a customized Peyote.
A Peyote in GTA Chinatown Wars