GTA IV |
|Vehicle type||Commercial/Industrial truck|
|Body style||2-door semi-trailer truck|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
The Phantom has a 24-valve Supercharged engine (over 720hp), allowing the vehicle to accelerate moderately well despite its weight and reach moderately high top speeds, but does nothing to improve its slower brake response and wide turning radius. Its size and weight make it perfect for pushing almost any vehicle out of the way; such is its power that it can cause critical damage to some vehicles (igniting their engine) upon impact. The truck resembles a Peterbilt 359 EXHD.
The performance for a truck of this size is actually impressive, but obviously not the best. Acceleration is mediocre, but better than its size would suggest. Speed is very good, making the Phantom one of the fastest industrial vehicles in the game, but not as fast as the Fire Truck. Handling is, as expected, poor, but if the player holds the brake and the acceleration buttons at the same time while turning, the truck tends to turn more easily. This trick also works with the Biff, Bus, and Flatbed.
- Despite being a enormous vehicle, the Phantom can still be used to perform burnouts and "donuts" due to no weight over the rear wheels.
- The default radio station in the Phantom is Liberty Rock Radio 97.8.
- The Phantom is possibly used in labor union trucking as the truck is driven by the Italian Mafia.
- Parked in southern Francis International Airport.
- Parked in front of a gas station near the intersection of Dukes Boulevard and Hewes St in Steinway, Dukes.
- Parked near Union Drive West, just above the Booth Tunnel in Purgatory, Algonquin, Liberty City.
- There are many Phantoms parked in the Port Tudor Docks in Alderney.
- In The Lost and Damned gang wars, the Italian Mafia drives Phantom trucks that are the target vehicle, they are very well armored and the only effective way to stop it is to shoot the tires, as there are two armed gunmen in the driver and passenger seats, so the only way you can take it is by losing the war.
- Juggernaut, GTA 1 equivalent.
- Truck Cab and Truck Cab SX, GTA 2 equivalents.
- Linerunner, GTA III — GTA Vice City Stories equivalents.
- Roadtrain and Tanker, GTA San Andreas equivalents.