Philippines, officially known as Republic of the Philippines (Filipino: Republika ng Pilipinas), is an archipelagic country in Southeast Asia. To its north across the Luzon Strait lies Taiwan. To the west across the South China Sea is the country of Vietnam. To the south of the Celebes Sea is another archipelago country, Indonesia and to the southwest is the Sulu Sea and the neighboring island of Borneo and Malaysia. An archipelago comprising of 7, 107 islands, it is divided into three main geographical islands: the largest being Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. It's national language is Filipino, although English is also widely spoken in the country.
It is mentioned twice in the entire GTA series. Filipino words are also referenced.
GTA Vice City Stories
- In the mission Blitzkrieg Strikes Again, Lance Vance mentions "I'm the black killa from Manila. The Manila Blilla.", referencing to Manila, the country's capital and seat of government.
- Michael Graves, the governatorial candidate, allegedly spent $400,000 of senatorial campaign funds on a vacation home in the Philippines, referencing to the alleged corruption of the government of the Philippines.
- If you read the Double T like TT, it sounds like titi, which is Filipino for penis.
- The word Bobo means idiot.
- The word Kakagawa means just created.