|Phnom Penh '86|
Drug baron Ricardo Diaz introducing his old friend Quentin to his new hired gun Tommy Vercetti.
|Game||GTA Vice City|
|Target||Ricardo Diaz' money|
|Location||Starfish Island, Vice City|
Death of Tommy Vercetti|
Destruction of the Maverick
Sir, Yes Sir!|
The Fastest Boat
Two Bit Hit (after completing Demolition Man)
Vice City Mainland
|Unlocked by||The Chase|
Diaz is aggravated by some Sharks gangsters who tries to screw with him. He orders Tommy to go to Prawn Island and kill the gangsters. He wants Tommy to fly there, using the help of his associate, Lance Vance.
Tommy and Lance travel to Prawn Island via helicopter from the mansion. Once they arrive, Tommy uses the M-60 to take on little groups of the gang on the roofs. Once Tommy has cleared enough of the gang, he'll have to run in on-foot and take out any remaining hoodlums inside. He fights his way through the gang house and walks up the stars. He then runs up to the roof, kills Diaz' betrayer, picks up the cash and gets to be airlifted back to the mansion.
Ricardo: What kind of incompetent fool are you? FOOL! FOOL! FOOL! FOOL! Tommy!
Tommy: What, Ricardo?
Ricardo: These idiots - they always trying to screw you. That's the problem with this business. What do you think you're doing? These pricks have failed me miserably. Soon any mom and pop will think they can sell gallo in Vice City. What next, huh? The stinking Mafia?! That gang place is a fortress at ground level, so Quentin here - Quentin! QUENTIN! He'll fly you over the area! Eradicate them! What do you think you're doing?
Tommy: What are you doing here?
Lance: Hey, I've been asking around and it's obvious that Diaz jumped the deal and iced my brother.
Tommy: And he'll kill you, too!
Lance: I can take Diaz!
Tommy: No - listen to me! I'll handle Diaz - he's beginning to trust me. One thing puzzling me, What's with 'Quentin!?
Lance: I dunno, I always kinda liked it...Quentin Vance...
Tommy: Vance? Your name's Lance Vance?
Lance: Hey! I got enough of that at school!
Tommy: Lance Vance. Poor bastard. Where the hell are we headed anyway?
Lance: Prawn Island. You ever fired one of those from a whirly?
Tommy: No. I'll get a bit of practice on the way though.
Lance: OK, we're almost there. We'll make a couple of passes. So take out as many guns as you can. Then I'll set you down and you're on your way. Damn! This is a war zone! Take out some of those gunmen! We're taking hits here, man! This thing ain't cheap to fix! Take them out! OK, you're on your own from here! Good luck, brother!
Post-mission phone call
Colonel Juan Cortez: Tommy, it's me, Colonel Cortez. Look señor, I believe you are a man who can get things done. So please help me. You can find me at the boat.
The reward for this mission is $2,000. The missions Sir, Yes Sir!, Two Bit Hit (if Demolition Man has been completed) and The Fastest Boat are unlocked. The player may now also access the Vice City Mainland. The player can also keep the M-60 from the mission. The Sniper Rifle is unlocked for purchase for the player at the North Point Mall Ammu-Nation store.
- This mission may refer to the Vietnam war and Cambodia's capital Phnom Penh, since Mitch Baker was in the war and Tommy was jailed during it. Stronger evidence is that the player uses an M-60 being fired from a helicopter (a strong reference to the UH-1 Huey), which was used in the Vietnam war and likely gave the mission its name.
- A worker, like ones seen in Riot, can be seen jumping off of the bridge that the helicopter flies under. The camera must be pointed behind the helicopter to see this.
- Lance's Maverick in the cutscene has sliding doors, but outside this cutscene, the rear doors on helicopters swing open instead.
- When approaching Leaf Links, a Sparrow and a Sea Sparrow will fly by. They can be destroyed with no penalty.
- It is possible to shoot and kill the Thief before he shouts "You're on my turf, asshole!" which will cut the scene short or completely skip it if the player acts quickly enough.
- It is possible to enter the "Advanced weapons set" cheat code during the rail-shooting segment of the mission to change the M-60 to a Minigun, making the mission easier.
|PC Version - GTASeriesVideos|