It is based on the 1979-1981 Pontiac Firebird but the round taillights are similar to 1970-1973 Chevrolet Camaros. It has varied slightly throughout the games, with a rear deck lid blackout panel in GTA San Andreas, and a thinner stripe in GTA Vice City Stories.
The Phoenix is one of the fastest cars in the game, and has excellent torque, and handling. The Phoenix drives and sounds as if powered by a large V8 engine, and also features a large airscoop for the carburetor. It can also be modified in TransFender in GTA San Andreas. Like most muscle cars, it has a two person capacity.
While common on the streets of GTA Vice City and GTA Vice City Stories, the Phoenix is significantly a more rare car in GTA San Andreas.
GTA Vice City
- Commonly driven all around Vice Beach.
GTA San Andreas
- In San Fierro, the Phoenix can be found by entering the San Fierro Hills street race located at the checkered flag behind Wang Cars. Park the car in one of your garages instead of racing it to keep it.
- Its the escape vehicle of Big Poppa who seized Madd Dogg's house. You can kill him and retrieve the car, although its quite hard since he will constantly try to drive away, and isn't stopped easily.
- Can be very rarely found driving in rich residential districts in the three main cities (like Richman in Los Santos, Calton Heights in San Fierro, or Prickle Pine in Las Venturas).
- Can be found in the traffic after activating the cheatcode "Fast Cars".
GTA Vice City Stories
- Parked along the road that extends along the beach on Ocean Beach.
- Parked behind Malibu Club in Washington Beach.
- In GTA San Andreas, the default radio station in the Phoenix is Playback FM.