The Picador is implied to be a pickup variant of the Buccaneer, which shares a similar frontal design, with the exception of a different headlight design, a thinner front bumper, and an additional emblem on the hood. The Picador is based on the 1971 or 1972 Chevrolet El Camino, which happens to share similar design cues with the 1970-1972 Chevrolet Monte Carlo, a car which the Buccaneer shares a likeness to. Picadors may occasionally been depicted with different items on its bed, such as planks or Sprunk cans.
The Picador has the highest top speed and acceleration for any pickup in the game. However, it is also the lightest and lacks the torque of the stronger trucks; its cornering is also a little unstable, owing to its rear wheel drive. As it is a pickup, the Picador can only carry two in the truck cab.
- Can be modified at TransFender
- Bed contents cannot be changed by any mod in Transfender, or a Pay 'n' Spray
- Car color in Transfender affects outer body only. To change inner bed color, use a Pay 'n' Spray until desired color is achieved, then modify.
- Ryder's car is a burgundy Picador with a license plate reading "SHERM", a slang term for PCP (Carl Johnson calls Ryder "sherm-head" throughout the game). Even after Ryder's death in the mission Pier 69 his car still spawns regularly. The car takes the place of a Sadler as Ryder's car of choice during development of the game.
- The default radio station in the Picador is Radio Los Santos.