- For the two-door sports car, see Stinger
Rear quarter view)|
A Police Stinger in The Ballad of Gay Tony.
|Appearance(s)||The Ballad of Gay Tony|
|Vehicle type||Law enforcement car|
|Body style||4-door sedan|
|Capacity||4 (driver and 3 passengers)|
|Manufacturer||Albany (GTA IV)|
The Police Stinger is a high-performance police car available during multiplayer in The Ballad of Gay Tony.
The Police Stinger is based on the Albany Presidente, but features unique bodywork and a pearlescent paint job, similar to that of the Cadillac CTS-V used by the Bloomfield Hills, Michigan Police Department. The front end has been slightly modified and features high intensity discharge headlamps, and a different grille characterized by its chevron shaped bar in the middle. The car's emergency vehicle lighting comes in the form of a slim light bar on the top, and auxiliary lights in the front bumper and rear window. Interestingly, the Stinger has a red and blue light bar on the top of the car, similar to NOOSE and the FIB, and unlike the LCPD, who only have red and white light bars to match with NYPD code. This may be because the Police Stinger was meant to be occupied by one of the two former branches.
The car performs rather well, emulating the Cadillac CTS-V, and despite having the same V10 badging as the Korean Mob Presidente variant, it has a noticeably different engine note, comparable to that of the civilian Buffalo. Unlike any other police vehicle, the car can reach speeds beyond even exotic sports vehicles such as the Comet; its acceleration is also excellent, matching the Turismo, although not quite matching the Sultan RS. On the handling front, the Stinger is responsive, with a tendency for understeer. It has a very passive four-wheel-drive system, which allows for quick adjustments by lifting the throttle. Power to weight is good and distribution is fair, the Stinger can get twitchy if too much power is applied, which will catch some users off guard. Crash deformation is good and the car can take multiple front and corner impacts before becoming disabled.
- The Banshee can match the speed of the Police Stinger on a straight drag race like in the Airport or Star Junction.
- The Police Stinger could be a fictional version of a D.A.R.E. car, which are vehicles seized from police drug raids and modified to promote the anti-drug program D.A.R.E. The flashy paintjob and modifications are not unlike those of the real D.A.R.E. cars. Presidentes also commonly appear in Drug Wars, further nodding to this.
- The name could be reference to Sting, who is the bassist and lead singer of the band The Police.
- In one of the Drug Wars, a "SPORT" Presidente in a similar pearlescent blue body color and black rims as the Police Stinger may also appear.
- Sometimes, if timed right, however it may or may not work, if the player bails from the car while it's going at it's top speed, aiming towards a pillar or such, the sheer speed may cause heavy damage to the car, if not, damaging to the point where it almost explodes instantly.
- In the parking lot of the police headquarters in East Holland, Algonquin, during multiplayer's Free Mode.
- At the front of the police headquarters in Westminster, Algonquin, during multiplayer's Free Mode.
- In the parking lot of the large police station in Alderney, during multiplayer's Free Mode.
- Can also be rarely seen when being chased by the cops during Free Mode (on-foot officers may enter one at a police station).