Trevor Philips aiming a gun at the security guard of the bank.
|Objective||Rob an armored car depot and escape|
|Location||Ludendorff, North Yankton|
Killing any hostages|
The getaway car is destroyed
Going off-course during the getaway
|Unlocks||Franklin and Lamar|
|Deaths||Bradley Snider (post-mission)|
|Spoiler Warning: Plot and/or ending details are in the text which follows.|
Trevor Philips, Michael Townley, and Brad Snider hold up the office of an armored car depot, threatening the office employees. Trevor sets plastic explosives on the vault, while Michael and Brad force the office employees into a closet. After taking the money, an unaccounted for security guard takes Michael and holds him at gunpoint. Trevor shoots the guard in the head to free Michael. Michael states that they didn't need to kill him; however, Trevor shrugs it off.
After getting out of the building, Trevor, Michael, and Brad gun down local law enforcement to get to their getaway vehicle. During the escape, the hired getaway driver is shot in the head, forcing Michael to take the wheel, who then rams a police car off the road. A road block forces them to detour to a side road to face an oncoming train, which clips the rear of the truck. Abandoning the wreck near a farm, Trevor states that they can still reach the chopper on foot, while Michael believes that they should stick to their original plan. While looking for the chopper, a sniper positioned at the farm ambushes the group and shoots Brad. When Michael checks on Brad, he gets shot and tells Trevor to flee. Refusing to abandon Michael and Brad, Trevor holds off the police. During the standoff, Trevor spots a woman and holds her at gunpoint, demanding where the chopper is. After releasing the woman, Trevor flees through a hayfield while two officers unsuccessfully attempt to gun him down.
The scene then shifts to a cemetery where the funeral of Michael Townley is being held; however, Michael, who is still alive, watches the events from a distance.
Trevor Philips aiming a gun at a security guard.
Michael Townley aiming a gun at the hostages.
Michael using his Celltowa phone to detonate the explosives.
Trevor shooting at the local police force.
Michael, Trevor, Bradley Snider and their getaway driver about to make their escape.
A train hitting the getaway car.
The people at the funeral, including Amanda Townley, with Michael's grave visible.
- Chronologically, this is the first mission to take place in the HD Universe.
- Michael uses a Celltowa mobile phone in this mission instead of his iFruit Phone as smartphones were not as prevalent in 2004 and the iFruit Phone's real-life counterpart wasn't introduced until 2007.
- The North Yankton State Patrol's squad cars are based on the Albany Esperanto, a vehicle otherwise unavailable in GTA V, and the Declasse Rancher XL. The use of 1980s-era police vehicles during the 2000s may indicate that the state's police force is severely underfunded.
- Michael, Trevor and Brad had managed to steal $179,500 from the business.
- When Agent Norton shoots Brad and Michael, the former bleeds out while the latter does not, since Michael knew about, and in fact planned, the ambush.
- The player automatically earns a gold medal if the mission is completed in a single clean playthrough (i.e. the player does not use a checkpoint during the mission).
|Xbox 360 Version - GTASeriesVideos|