GTA San Andreas |
GTA Vice City Stories
|Also known as||Quad (GTA San Andreas)|
|Body style||2-seat quadbike|
A quadbike is a four-wheeled motorcycle, more commonly known as an "all terrain vehicle" (ATV). The vehicle has appear in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (as the Quad), Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (as the Quad) and, tentatively, Grand Theft Auto V (unnamed as of yet).
Cosmetic differences may be noted between the GTA San Andreas rendition and the GTA Vice City Stories rendition. The Quad in the former assumes a sporty design more suited for recreational use, whereas the GTA Vice City Stories rendition sports more utilitarian equipment, such as racks and additional lights. The GTA San Andreas rendition is based on the Yamaha Breeze and the GTA Vice City Stories rendition is based on the Can-Am Outlander.
GTA San Andreas (Rear quarter view).
GTA V, currently unnamed.
Due to its design, the Quad is one of the best vehicles for off-road driving in GTA San Andreas, with performance traits similar to the Sanchez, particularly speed-related attributes. It is also one of the best vehicles to use when driving up Mount Chiliad. Its suspension, however is a little wonky and coming off a jump may cause the quad to bounce side to side, causing it to tip over.
Due to its size and functionality, the Quad is often referred to as a bike. However, simply due to it having four wheels (not two) then it cannot be considered as such. It however, does have motorcycle-like physics, so the player can fall off if hitting an object at high speed or going down a hill backwards. Stoppies and wheelies can even be done on the quad, just like a motorbike. However, reverse wheelies can be performed (when on a hill), causing the Quad to tumble down backwards. Strangely, this does not cause the player to be tossed away. Just like with any bike, the player can shoot forwards as well as to the left and to the right.
- Despite the Quad being classified as a motorbike, car-only cheats (such as N20 for all vehicles or flying cars) also work on the Quad.
- In the mission Local Liquor Store, Carl Johnson and Catalina pursue thieves running away on Quads with the money they were supposed to rob from a liquor store. This is the only mission where Quads are used by NPCs.
- The Quad plays the following radio stations by default when entered:
- K-Rose in GTA San Andreas.
- The Quad can perform wheelies, but you cannot receive a bonus when doing one.
- GTA San Andreas
- A small trailer park west of Las Payasadas.
- Blueberry Acres, near a barn.
- A farm near Dillimore, Red County.
- The Panopticon, various places.
- Next to a muddy swamp in Back o Beyond.
- Beneath a bridge near a wooden bridge that connects Whetstone to the Back o Beyond.
- Beside the Shady Cabin.
- A trailer west of Las Barrancas, Tierra Robada.
- Can be spawned through cheats:
- Typing "fourwheelfun" (PC version).
- Pressing Left, Left, Down, Down, Up, Up, X, B, Y, R Trigger, Back (Xbox).
- GTA Vice City Stories
- Can be purchased from Sunshine Autos at the price of $3,000.
- After completing "Unfriendly Competition", can be bought behind the Standing Vice Point in Washington Beach for $3,000
- Southeastern part of the Downtown dirt track (automatically activates "Quad Bike Time Trails").