Radio Stations in GTA 1
The first Grand Theft Auto has seven radio stations which can be heard once the player enters a car, consisting of short audio tracks that continuously loop and cannot be changed. Emergency vehicles, including the Squad Car, Firetruck, and Ambulance, have their own station, a police band track.
With the exception of Head Radio FM, the names of songs or the radio station names are never mentioned in-game. However, the soundtrack is listed in the booklet which comes with the Grand Theft Auto game.
Brooklyn Underground FM
- Retrograde - "Benzoate" (C.Conner)
- Government Listening Post - "E104" (C.Conner)
- Trancefer - "Figiwhiz" (C.Conner)
The Fix FM
- Animal Testing Centre - "DSP" (C.Conner)
- Rotorman - "Ride" (C.Conner)
- Technophiliak - "Lagerstar" (G.Middleton)
The Fergus Buckner Show FM
- Sideways Hank O'Malley (and The Alabama Bottle Boys) - "The Ballad of Chapped Lip Calquhoun" (C.Anderson/B.Baglow)
Head Radio FM
- Reality Bubble - "Days Like These" (C.Conner)
- Meme Traders - "Automatic Transmission" (Grant Middleton)
- Ohjaamo - "Complications" (C.Conner)
It's Unleashed FM
Genre: Alternative/Hard rock
- Stikki Fingers - "4 Letter Love" (C.Anderson/B.Baglow)
- The Hounds - "Let It Out" (C.Conner)
- Bleeding Stump - "Just Do It" (C.Anderson)
Genre: Hip hop/Rap
- Da Shootaz - "Grand Theft Auto" (Craig Conner)
- Slumpussy - "This Life" (C.Conner/Robert DeNegro)
- CCC Featuring Robert DeNegro - "Blow Your Console" (C.Conner/R.DeNegro)
Radio '76 FM
Genre: Funk/Retro (This radio station's name is referred to in-game as Funk FM.)
- Ghetto Fingers - "On The Move" (Colin Anderson)
- Ashtar - "Aori" (C.Anderson)
- Stylus Exodus - "Pootang Shebang" (C.Anderson)
- The game's main theme is "Gangster Friday" by Craig Conner (who played all instruments on this track), credited to the fictitious band Slumpussy, which does not appear on any of the radio stations.
- On the PC version of the game disc, the radio station audio is stored in standard CD audio tracks. As a result, PC players can remove the CD once the game is loaded and replace it with an audio CD. The next time the character enters a vehicle, a song from the CD will randomly play. The radio stations can also be played outside the game by putting the game disc into a normal audio CD player, as long as track 1 (which contains the game data) is skipped over.