Radio Stations in GTA IV
As in previous Grand Theft Auto games, radio stations play a big part in Grand Theft Auto IV. When in a taxi, the player can ask driver to switch station, often accompanied by Niko's views on the station.
In previous GTA games (with the exception of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas), radio stations were a single audio file, repeating after completing a loop. In GTA IV, most of the songs are shuffled while some still follow a loop (The Beat, Massive B, etc.).
The radio is dynamic. DJs and news programs tell you what the current weather and the current time is. Weazel News updates itself as you progress through the story, sometimes reporting news about Niko's actions.
In The Lost and Damned, the first episodic downloadable content for GTA IV, five of these radio stations were expanded, namely WKTT, The Beat, L.C.H.C., Liberty Rock Radio and Radio Broker. The new music has been added to the song rotations of the stations, so that both the original music and the new tracks play concurrently. The new tracks are also included in the original GTA4 game.
The second DLC The Ballad of Gay Tony similarly updated five different stations: Vladivostok FM, K109 The Studio, Electro-Choc, San Juan Sounds, and Integrity 2.0. With both DLC packs installed, the player hears the combined radio content in all single-player and multiplayer modes.
The two episodes are available in a stand-alone format, Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City. The radio content included with The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony is combined with additional, exclusive music appearing on three new radio stations: Vice City FM, RamJam FM, and Self-Actualization FM. These replace several radio stations that do not carry over from Grand Theft Auto IV. Music that appeared in Grand Theft Auto IV does not appear in Episodes from Liberty City.
Radio stations list
These are the radio stations in GTA IV:
- IF99 - International Funk - Funk/Afrobeat (Hosted by Femi Kuti)
- Vladivostok FM - Eastern European - (Hosted by Ukrainian pop sensation Ruslana)
- K109 The Studio - Disco - (Hosted by fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld)
- WKTT Radio (We Know The Truth) - Conservative Talk Radio
- The Beat 102.7 - Contemporary Hip-Hop/Rap
- Electro-Choc - Modern Electro/Dance - (Hosted by legendary DJ Francois K)
- L.C.H.C - Liberty City Hardcore - Hardcore Punk/Death Metal - (Hosted by Murphy's law guitarist Jimmy Gestapo)
- The Classics 104.1 - Classic Hip-Hop/Rap (Hosted and remixed by DJ Premier)
- Fusion FM - Funk/Jazz fusion - (Hosted by Roy Ayers)
- JNR - Jazz Nation Radio 108.5 - Jazz (Hosted by Roy Haynes)
- The Journey - Ambient/Chillout (Hosted by "a computer" actually voiced by text-to-speech software on a Macintosh)
- Liberty Rock Radio 97.8 - Classic Rock - (Hosted by Iggy Pop)
- Massive B Soundsystem 96.9 - Dancehall (Hosted by Bobby Konders)
- Radio Broker - Alternative Rock/Indie Rock (Hosted by Juliette Lewis)
- San Juan Sounds - Latin/Reggaeton
- Tuff Gong Radio - Reggae/Dub (Hosted by Carl Bradshaw)
- The Vibe 98.8 - Soul/R&B (Hosted by Vaughn Harper)
- Integrity 2.0 - Talk Radio
- PLR - Liberal Talk Radio
- Independence FM - Custom radio station exclusive to the PC port.
- Vice City FM - 80's pop music - Exclusive radio station on GTA: Episodes From Liberty City disc. (replaces The Vibe 98.8 ). (Hosted by Fernando Martinez)
- RamJam FM - Reggae/Dub - Exclusive radio station on GTA: Episodes From Liberty City disc (replaces Tuff Gong Radio and Massive B Soundsystem 96.9). (Hosted by David Rodigan).
- Self-Actualization FM - Ambient/Chillout - Exclusive radio station on GTA: Episodes From Liberty City disc (replaces The Journey, Jazz Nation Radio 108.5 and Fusion FM). (Hosted by Audrey).
Several advertisements can be heard on the radio. These include:
- The Science Of Crime TV show (2)
- The Serrated Edge TV show
- The Men's Room TV show (2)
- Ambulate's Motorized Scooter (3)
- Excelsior Extreme 9 (one in English, one in Spanish, one in Russian)
- Alcotine Patch
- Waning with the Stars TV show (2)
- Banging Trash Can Lids for an Hour
- Swinging Puppets
- Weazel News promo
- America's Next Top Hooker
- Wing It computer software
- Babiesovernight.com (2)
- Mas Fuego energy drink (2)
- Mike Graves campaign ad (2)
- John Hunter campaign ad (2)
- Vindication Angel Curse Buster BC
- The Red Cloud Tsunami anime
- Electrolyte sports drink
- MCHBTT (abbreviation of long title)
- Medicate Me TV show
- The Horn (two in English, one in Russian)
- Eugenics Inc. International (2)
- Mummification (2)
- Feinburg's International Realty
- FLEECA credit card (3)
- Lipurgex pill (2)
- Al Dente's
- Whiz Wireless
- Dragon Brain
- Brucie's Executive Lifestyle Autos
- Liberty City Gun Club
- VIG Insurance
- Trackify tracking beacon (2)
- Whiz Flip cell phone (one in English, one in Spanish)
- Double Helix DNA Search
- Hamster Harem
- El Chamuco Roboto
- NUCA Museum
- Bittersweet personal e-mail device (2)
- VIP Luxury Ringtones
- Civil Service computer game
- The Suburbs TV show
- Mollis pills
- Beatrix Fontaine
- "Little Bitches" dolls
- "My Drunk Uncle" upcoming Preformance at Star Junction
From the people who brought you the Domestobot, we proudly present El Comercio Roboto! It's the robotic future... from south of the border! 'Politicians may demand illegal aliens leave the country, but I want a Mexican gardener I can ogle!' El Comercio Roboto! You little devil. He can mow the lawn, if you know what I mean! Comes with six different attachments!
Are you ready to live the real estate dream? Whether you're new on the market or an old hack, we'll take your dream to the limits of prestige, in a spacious loft or an outstanding penthouse! It's a 500-square ft glass coated box in the sky, with windows that won't open and a doorman that masturbates in your bed while you're at work! Only three million dollars, only three blocks from the ghetto!
You can begin living a life of luxury. Why worry about health, your weight, or what people think of you? Now, you're faster! Motorized scooters are the future of the American lifestyle - carefree! Take the wait off!
Now these middle-aged twin transsexuals are photographing themselves re-enacting famous atrocities from history dressed as gorillas! Once you see Hitler portrayed as a gorilla, it’ll explain the war in a way you never imagined. It is truly shocking!
Sometimes the family wants that Italian taste without those tiny Italian portions, that’s why you should come to Al Dentes - all the mama-mia you can eat! It’s Italian food like you’ll never get in Italy. That’s because it’s an American theme restaurant! So the portions are huge, and the food tasteless and unhealthy. We’ve got a special linguine with Cheesy Poof sauce!
‘Hey, when you’re at Al Dentes everyone’s like family! A hyper, macho, food-obsessed, alcoholic family just like min!’
Al Dentes - we’ve got more of what you love and less of what you don’t. Like more calories and fat, and a lot less taste and nutrients! That’s why it’s Al Dentes! All the mama mia you can eat!