The Reefer is a recurring boat introduced in Grand Theft Auto III. To date, the Reefer has appeared in the following games:
- Grand Theft Auto III
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
- Grand Theft Auto IV
- Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
Based on a common shipping and fishing vessel, the Reefer is a slow yet durable fishing boat that can be obtained by a dock or on the water. Its name is a reference to the slang for marijuana plant. In addition to being slow, it can hold only one passenger despite its large size. It is also a very poor choice of vehicle in a police chase because it will be quickly destroyed by police boats and lacks the speed or maneuverability to evade them.
In GTA IV it has a plank on the front, which is exactly the same as the one found on the Orca in the movie Jaws. Also, unlike the previous renditions of the Reefer, the player can climb upon the roof of the cabin. The Reefer is not recommended for online play in GTA IV due to its slow speed which makes it an easy target for enemy machine guns or rocket launchers.
GTA Chinatown Wars, salvage "So Near, Yet Sonar" variant.
- The Reefer exists as a shipwreck in GTA Vice City, underneath the bridge running from Prawn Island to Downtown Vice City.
- In GTA San Andreas, the default radio station is K-DST.
- In GTA IV, the default radio station in the Reefer is San Juan Sounds.
- In GTA IV, if you jumped at the inner part of the Reefer, you'll appear at the roof as if you "jumped" at the Reefer.
- In The Ballad of Gay Tony mission Clocking Off a black variant of the Reefer is seen; however, it is unobtainable.
- A Reefer from GTA Vice City can be found in Rockstar North's Manhunt 2.
- GTA III
- GTA Vice City
- GTA San Andreas
- Docked at Ocean Docks, Los Santos.
- Docked at Easter Basin Naval Station.
- Docked next to the Ferry Building in Esplanade East, San Fierro.
- Docked at Esplanade North, San Fierro.
- Docked at Palisades, San Fierro.
- Docked at the pier in Rockshore West.
- Many can be found in the coastal areas of San Andreas, especially the ones surrounding Los Santos Inlet/Back o Beyond and Las Venturas.
- GTA Liberty City Stories
- Docked at the jetty by Asuka's condo in Newport, Staunton Island, Liberty City.
- GTA Vice City Stories
- Docked at a small pier near the Vice City Junkyard in Little Haiti, Vice City.
- GTA IV