The Reefer is a boat introduced in GTA III and has appeared in every game since.
Based on a common shipping and fishing vessel, the Reefer is a slow yet durable fishing boat that can be obtained by a dock or on the water.It's name is a reference to the marijuana plant. In addition to being slow, it can hold only one passenger despite its large size. It is also a very poor choice of vehicle in a police chase because it will be quickly destroyed by police boats and lacks the speed or maneuverability to evade them.
In GTA IV it has a plank on the front, which is exactly the same as the one found on the Orca in the movie Jaws. Also, unlike the previous renditions of the Reefer, the player can climb upon the roof of the cabin. The Reefer is not recommended for online play in GTA IV due to its slow speed which makes it an easy target for enemy machine guns or rocket launchers.
GTA Vice City
GTA San Andreas
- Docked at Esplanade North, San Fierro.
- Docked at Palisades, San Fierro.
- Many can be found in the coastal areas of San Andreas, especially the ones surrounding Los Santos Inlet/Back o' Beyond and Las Venturas.
GTA Liberty City Stories
- Docked at the jetty by Asuka's condo in Newport, Staunton Island, Liberty City.
GTA Vice City Stories
- Docked at a small pier near the Vice City Junkyard in Little Haiti, Vice City.
- Reefer (GTA3) (front).jpg
The Reefer in GTA III.
The Reefer in GTA San Andreas.
The Reefer in GTA Liberty City Stories.
The Reefer in GTA Vice City Stories.
- Reefer (GTA4) (front).jpg
The Reefer in GTA IV.
- Reefer gtaCW.jpg
The Reefer in GTA: Chinatown Wars.