World of Coq is an upper-class eatery primarily found in richer segments of San Andreas' three major cities; the chain's lavish atmosphere is perfect for girlfriends with more "upscale" tastes (Millie Perkins and Helena Wankstein are the only two girlfriends who like going to the restaurants). The restaurants, whose exteriors are unlabeled, are inaccessible to the player unless on a date, and interior views are only granted during the date's cutscene. Unlike the fast food chains throughout San Andreas, the player is not granted the option of choosing from a menu while dining at World of Coq.
While inaccessible to the player in normal gameplay, its interior can be reached via the Hidden Interiors Universe. The interior consists of a medium sized room with chairs, pottery, an outdoor dining area, and ambient music playing in the background.
There is a total of three World of Coq outlets throughout San Andreas, each located in the state's three cities:
- Los Santos: In the Rodeo district, down the street from Didier Sachs.
- San Fierro: Inside the Biffin Bridge Hotel at the south end of the Queens district.
- Las Venturas: In the Old Venturas Strip district.
The Las Venturas location, with a Rumpo sporting the company's logo parked outside.
- "Coq", in French, translates literally to "cock", another name for rooster. However, the restaurant's delivery Rumpo saying "Dick Goblin's World of Coq" and the overall numerous sexual-themed jokes in the GTA series, it also suggests "cock" as in the vulgar term for "penis". 'Dick Goblin' is also an offensive term for a homosexual.
- One of the pedestrians say that the World of Coq has the best toilet rolls.
- Coq O Vin, a similarly named cooking show on Liberty City Free Radio in GTA Liberty City Stories. The show is hosted by Richard Goblin, who apparently owns World of Coq, as it says 'Dick Goblin's World of Coq' on the Rumpo parked outside of the Las Venturas branch. The radio host also calls himself 'Dick' once during the show, as 'Dick' is a nickname for 'Richard'.