Reuniting the Families
|Reuniting the Families|
Carl Johnson, Big Smoke, Sweet and Ryder talking about the meeting of the families at the Jefferson Motel
|Game||GTA San Andreas|
|Location||Ganton, Los Santos, San Andreas|
|Unlocks||The Green Sabre|
Reuniting the Families is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas given to protagonist Carl Johnson by brother and Grove Street Families leader Sweet from his home in Ganton, Los Santos, San Andreas.
Carl goes to his brother and finds him along with close friends Ryder and Big Smoke watching a porn movie. Once he arrives Sweet turns off the television and informs them about reuniting all the Families sets once again because the Seville Boulevard and Temple Drive Families have split from the gang and the Ballas have been pushing drugs for too long. All the sets are supposed to meet in the Jefferson Motel.
The four get into Sweet's Greenwood outside, with Carl driving as usual, and make their way to the motel. Upon arriving, Sweet goes inside the motel and after a while a Los Santos Police Department Police Maverick, Buzzard 1 appears. SWAT teams break up the meeting and a shoot-out begins. Big Smoke and Ryder escape but Carl goes to the motel to try to rescue his brother. He makes his way through the hotel and eventually finds Sweet. When they arrive on the roof, Buzzard 1 appears again; Carl and Sweet shoot down the helicopter and go down into the street via the stairs going down from the roof. Just as they reach the street, Big Smoke and Ryder come to pick them up. Ryder hands Carl an AK-47 and many police cars and bikes start to chase. Smoke drives around to lure them but the AK gets jammed and the car crashes through a billboard advertising Sprunk. The crew bail out of the car and a huge explosion happens when the car dives onto the freeway and into a Xoomer fuel tanker truck. The police call off the attack thinking the four are dead and the mission is completed.
Big Smoke: Damn, that bitch is bad! Oh, yeah!
Carl Johnson: Wassup, y'all!
Big Smoke: Wassup, playa!
Sweet: Wassup CJ! Turn that TV off right quick. Listen up, fellas, like we were saying. No more base in the streets.
Carl Johnson: Finally.
Sweet: Peep this - we're gonna unite the Families once more. Because the Ballas have been bumping our guys full of base for too long, while we argue amongst ourselves. So all the Families sets are gonna meet down at the Jefferson Motel. I say it's time we went down there and made it official. Keep that shit of our streets! I vote I'm our representative on this one.
Carl Johnson: That's right.
Big Smoke: Hey, it's all good! If Sweet thinks he can handle it, then I'm down with him, man.
Sweet: A'ight - let's roll, homies.
Carl Johnson: Let's do this!
Big Smoke: Yeah, let's go, man.
(Outside at Grove Street)
Ryder: Say, CJ, you gon crash the car again?
Carl Johnson: Fuck you, Ryder!
Sweet: Ryder, give CJ a break. man. He's practically turned the Grove around by himself.
Ryder: I was just telling a joke on the little nigga.
Carl Johnson: Everything you do is a joke, Ryder!
Ryder: That ain't true!
Big Smoke: Ryder, just chill the fuck out, man.
Sweet: Remember - we're reuniting the families and no bullshit. Stay cool.
Ryder: You know me, Sweet. Cool as a Shaolin monk.
Sweet: Especially you, Ryder!
(The crew arrive at the Jefferson Motel.)
Sweet: OK, it's strictly one rep' per set - you guys are gonna have to wait here.
Carl Johnson: We'll be there just in case, bro.
Sweet: Thanks, homie, but I'm down with these boys.
(Sweet goes out of the car to the Motel)
Ryder: I don't like this, man. Look at all them other family 'hoods! They used to be Grove Streets.
Carl Johnson: Relax. We straight, they straight. How about you, Smoke?
Big Smoke: Hey, I'm feelin' a little exposed, but I'm good.
(Los Santos Police Department arrive in helicopter.)
Buzzard 1 Pilot (on megaphone): This is the Los Santos Police Department, everybody stay where you are. All units rock 'n' roll.
Carl Johnson: Oh, shit!
(CJ gets out of the car wielding a shotgun)
Ryder: Man, what you doing?
Big Smoke: Carl, get back in, man we outta here baby!
Carl Johnson: I ain't leavin' my brother, I ain't no busta!
Ryder: Man, it's every motherfucka for himself!
(Big Smoke drives away from the scene with Ryder)
(Carl finds Sweet at the Jefferson Motel.)
Sweet: What took you? Where's Smoke and Ryder?
Carl Johnson: They shook on us.
Sweet: Fuck it, let's get out of here.
(Carl and Sweet on the roof of the Motel)
Buzzard 1 Pilot: This is the Los Santos Police Department; stay where you are!
Sweet: CJ, that chopper's all over us - hit it!
(Carl and Sweet attack the helicopter)
Sweet: CJ, dump on that helicopter!
Buzzard 1 Pilot: This is Buzzard 1, we are taking ground fire!
(LSPD helicopter goes down)
Buzzard 1 Pilot: Mayday, mayday, Buzzard 1 is going down!
(Carl and Sweet outside the Motel.)
Sweet: Shit, what now?
Carl Johnson: It's Smoke and Ryder.
Big Smoke Get in!
Carl Johnson: Hit the gas! Eh man, I'm running low.
Ryder: I got a 'K, here.
Carl Johnson: This fucking antique?
Ryder: Yeah, well, Emmet ain't the pentagon.
Carl Johnson: You got it off Emmet? Shit!
Big Smoke: CJ, cover the rear!
(LSPD squad car gets hit by a train)
Ryder: Man, they got smoked, did you see that?
Carl: Damn! That was close!
Ryder: Man it's getting intense! It's getting worse out here! It's like World War VIII!
Ryder: Hey, CJ, watch to the left!
Carl: Your left, or my left?
Ryder: Hell, I don't know, just shoot everybody motherfucker!
LSPD helicopter pilot: All suspects escaping in a blue four door back through South Center.
Big Smoke: Trouble up ahead! Carl, they all over our ass baby!
Sweet: CJ, watch our right!
LSPD biker: Waste of good donuts... Let's roll.
Big Smoke: Eyes front, CJ!
(LSPD biker jumps onto the car and attacks Carl)
LSPD biker: Surprise, homeboy!
Carl: Holy shit, look at that!
Big Smoke: I should have stayed home and watched the fucking game! Carl, behind us! Behind us! Put up your window!
Sweet: Smoke, what the fuck you doing?
(Big Smoke drives though a car wash)
Carl: Damn it, Smoke, I got soap in my eyes! Smoke, you're insane!
Big Smoke: I like things clean!
Ryder: Hey, CJ, watch to the left!
Carl: Eh, ain't we been here before?
Big Smoke: Hey, I'm taking what options I have, alright? Maybe if you have a nice word with these officers they'll let us on our way!
(Another LSPD biker jumps on the car and attacks Carl)
LSPD biker: Heads up, brother!
Ryder: Hey, some idiot's hanging off the back of the car! Somebody shoot him!
Big Smoke: Oh shit, all I got in my rear view is bad guys! CJ, cover the rear!
Big Smoke: Oh shit, roadblock up ahead!
Carl: The K's jammed!
Big Smoke: Fuck it, I'm going through!
(The car hits two officers, with one landing on the hood of the car)
Sweet: CJ, we got the ghetto bird up ahead!
LSPD Chopper Pilot:This is LSPD, do not..Hey what the fuck!? Too low, you'll kill us all!
Sweet: Back up Smoke, back up!
Big Smoke: Hell no, I'm going through!
Ryder: Oh man, we gon' dieeee!
Carl: Oh shit!
(Cop on the car gets killed by the chopper blades)
Sweet: Slow down Smoke, slow down!
Big Smoke: Oh shit, the brakes is out!
(Carl, Sweet and Smoke bail out and the car goes through a billboard and hits a truck hauling flammable liquids, which explodes)
Big Smoke: Shit! That's gonna be a hell of a story to tell when we passin' the blunt!
Sweet: Man, that was some serious shit! Woo!
Ryder: Fuck this! We gotta get out of here.
Sweet: Ryder's right! Everybody split up and we'll meet up later.
- Before CJ and the gang crash into the sign it says "A Taste Of Things To Come", referencing the next mission will be the last one in the Los Santos storyline, and that the next one involves another ambush. Afterward, it says "A Taste of Come", a crude reference to oral sex.
- Smoke says 'I'm a little exposed', this maybe a hint to the next mission, The Green Sabre, where he betrayed Grove Street Families. This is unlikely as he could have said "exposed" as in more likely to get shot.
- In this mission the SWAT officers use SMGs instead of Micro Uzis.
- In this mission, the Police Maverick uses a scripted spotlight instead of the usual one. It is located in the middle instead of the front and narrower.
- If you nail down the helicopter while the SWAT are coming down, you will see them being swung and then disappear as the helicopter crashes.
- When you get into the motel, you will see a GSF scripted headshot.
- When Carl and Sweet get in the Greenwood to get away, the song in the car is Cypress Hill - How I Could Just Kill A Man. This song can also be heard on Radio Los Santos.
- During the mission, while inside the motel, if CJ walks near one of two prostitutes in a bedroom, she will give CJ a kiss and will say either: "Oh baby, you're hurt" or "You saved me", and will give CJ a boost in health.
- If you destroy Buzzard 1 before entering the motel, once you exit to the roof with Sweet it will appear again.
- If you look closley when the LSPD Chopper chopps up the biker you can see the beta version of the uniform.
- CJ can not get a wanted level during this mission. This allows the player to collect any collectibles, explore the map, and enter restricted areas (impound lots, Easter Basin Naval Station, Area 69, etc.)
- While being chased by police in the car, a cutscene will show two police officers on motorbikes, one of which drops their doughnut with one bite taken out of it and then the pair begin pursuit of the gang. This is a reference to the 1997 film Con Air where the exact same sequence happens during the final chase in the film.
Sweet's car crashing through a Sprunk billboard.
A Tanker exploding after Sweet's car crashes into it.
|PC Version - GTASeriesVideos|