Rigged to Blow (GTA IV)
|Rigged to Blow|
Niko Bellic talking to Ilyena Faustin.
|For||Mikhail Faustin and Dimitri Rascalov|
|Location||Shinnecock Ave in Beachgate, Broker|
|Unlocks||The Master and the Molotov and Search and Delete|
|Unlocked by||No Love Lost and Logging On|
Rigged to Blow is a mission in Grand Theft Auto IV, and the final mission given to protagonist Niko Bellic by Russian Mafia leader Mikhail Faustin from his house on Shinnecock Ave in Beachgate, Broker, Liberty City.
Niko arrives to Mikhail's house but his wife Ilyena Faustin answered the door. She invites him in and serves him tea from a rustic-looking tea dispenser on their dining table, and tells Niko that Mikhail yells at her for using it, because he thinks it makes them look like "barbarians". Niko and Ilyena talks about back in the days when Mikhail was a good person and when Niko was at war. As the conversation goes on, Ilyena asks Niko if he is concerned for his soul, and Niko vents that he saw soldiers tactfully kill an entire school full of innocent children during the war, and realized that the soldier didn't have a soul (perhaps alluding to Niko not believing in souls). Mikhail and Dimitri Rascalov enter. Mikhail first knocks over the tea dispenser in a fit of rage and yells at his wife, causing her to cry. Mikhail tells Niko that he wants "some prick who owes me money" to be taught a lesson for not paying up his debt but Dimitri wants to get his money instead. Dimitri wants Mikhail to calm down so that they won't be in more trouble with Kenny Petrovic. Mikhail is angered by Dimitri's insistance that Mikhail is wrong and orders him to get out. Mikhail wants Niko to pick up a truck parked on Montauk Avenue in Schottler. When Niko arrives to the truck, he calls Mikhail asking what to do next. Mikhail wants Niko to drive the truck to a garage in Chase Point and informs Niko to drive carefully because there are explosives in the truck (if the player crashes or ram into something a few times, the truck explodes, failing the mission. And also, the truck is quite slow). Niko is surprised at this and drives carefully to the garage. He armed the bomb in the truck and runs out, blowing up the entire garage. Niko runs away from the scene and calls Mikhail, telling him not to "pull that shit on me again." Mikhail expresses how he thought Niko was tougher than this and insults Niko, stating that he is as weak as Dimitri.
- During this mission Niko will automatically get a call from Roman who will ask Niko if they "want to go get drunk together". Niko explains that drinking would probably be a bad idea, given that he is driving a truckload of explosives across town, mentioning "If I go drinking with you, I will blow myself up for sure".With that the call ends. The call serves no purpose other than as an ironic joke, similar to Little Jacob's phone call in Have a Heart, Brucie's phone call in Undress to Kill and Roman's other phone call in Shadow. The call is simply a distraction playing on the fact that by now the player is probably familiar with receiving random calls from Roman and others.
- Sometimes as Niko is running away from the garage, there is a glitch in which the player will be hit by a car before the explosion, making Niko go off screen when the bomb goes off.
- This is the only time the Liberty City Fire Department responses to a fire.
- If the player blows up the truck when parked in the garage without detonating the bomb, the explosion will be silent. The Sabre scripted to flip over will not appear.
- After the blast, a worker for Kenny Petrovic will call him and yell "Kenny, Kenny, look! The garage!" He can be killed without obtaining a penalty.
- Despite the game prompting the player to slow down and pay the toll once they approach a tollbooth, the player can just drive through the tollbooth without attracting any police attention.
- The words Niko said in the first trailer are said during the cutscene of this mission.
- After this mission, the news websites will feature coverage of the explosion, which is believed to be a terrorist act (the police dispatch radio can be heard stating this too).
Niko Bellic about to drive the van to the Petrovic-owned garage.