Rockstar Advanced Game Engine
RAGE, short of Rockstar Advanced Game Engine, is a game engine created by a small team called the "RAGE Technology Group" at the video game developer Rockstar San Diego with contributions by other Rockstar studios. Besides the physics library, which is made by a third party developers, the team develops and supports the engine libraries and tools for graphics, animation, networking, AI, character behaviors, core systems and other technologies that are used across Rockstar for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC titles. It has been used to create Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis and Grand Theft Auto IV.
Games that employ RAGE includes:
- Rockstar Games presents Table Tennis (2006)
- Grand Theft Auto IV (2008)
- Midnight Club: Los Angeles (2008)
- Red Dead Redemption (2010)
- Max Payne 3 (2012)
- RenderWare, preceding game engine standard in most third generation GTA games.
- Euphoria, a motion and physics engine incorporated into RAGE.
- Bullet, a physics library incorporated into RAGE.
- Careers at RAGE Technology Group
- RAGE Graphics Engine Confirmed June 15, 2006
- Rockstar Games announces Grand Theft Auto IV May 9, 2006