|This page needs to be cleaned up to meet the standards of Grand Theft Wiki.|
Dwayne Forge talking to Niko Bellic.
|Unlocks||Undress to Kill|
Ruff Rider is the first mission offered by Dwayne in Grand Theft Auto IV, which involves his ex-girlfriend (Cherise) and her new man (Jayvon), a guy who apparently ratted out Dwayne and sent him to prison so many years ago. Niko agrees to help out the melancholic Dwayne by going to speak with the couple and getting his money back, which Dwayne was sending Cherise while he was in the joint.
Head over to the Videogeddon arcade in Chinatown. Niko will spot Cherise and Jayvon together. When Jayvon sees Niko, he fires a Micro-SMG at him but Niko ducks just in time. Jayvon grabs a motorcycle and heads off leaving you to quickly deal with Cherise.
If your intentions are revenge, use a pistol or any weapon to execute or simply kill Cherise. If you want to let her live, ignore Cherise and get on the nearby motorcycle. Chase Cherise's boyfriend Jayvon. It is possible to just head due south and cut off Jayvon on the highway.
Don't finish him off with a gun because Jayvon's death is interesting. If you repeatedly punch him, he will drop his weapon and lay down as if he died (Doesnt bleed). He soon gets up and runs from you. If you want to see this interesting death, just shoot Jayvon enough to get him off the bike. Then repeatedly punch him.
Niko will automatically phone Dwayne. Meet him at the Cluckin' Bell near Star Junction and give him the money. After the mission, it might be a good idea to get yourself a nice snack from the cashier. This will bring up your health.
Also, Dwayne is glad if you keep her alive but just wanted her to know he wants his money back.
For a slightly easier chase, take a car to the mission and run back to it, rather than taking the intended motorcycle. This will allow you to simply knock Jayvon from his bike and run him over, rather than trying to control the bike and gun at once.
- Jayvon Simson - Cherise's boyfriend, killed by Niko Bellic on orders from Dwayne Forge.
- Cherise Glover - (Optional) Dwayne's old girlfriend. Can be killed by the Niko.
- In Weazel News post-mission report, a civilian mentions that they were crazy "because of those violent video-games". This is obviously Rockstar Games mocking Jack Thompson's criticism towards violent video games (and especially Grand Theft Auto).
- The name of the mission could be a reference to the record label Ruff Ryders Entertainment as the label is in Manhattan (Algonquin) which is where the mission takes place.
- The missions name has another possible reference U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt's "Rough Riders" the 1st Volunteer Cavalry Regiment in the Spanish-American War.