Rear quarter view)|
A Rumpo in GTA III.
GTA III |
GTA Vice City
GTA San Andreas
GTA Liberty City Stories
GTA Vice City Stories
|Vehicle type||Commercial van|
|Body style||Full size van|
|Capacity||4 (driver and 3 passengers)|
|Manufacturer||Bravado (HD Universe)|
The Rumpo is a full sized commercial/industrial van introduced in Grand Theft Auto III, recurring in six successive games.
The Rumpo is an average-sized van capable of carrying four passengers (two in the front, two in the back). It is common and can be found in most areas in the cities in which it appears, but like all vans, it tends to be most common in industrial areas. It also has 2 small windows at the very rear of the vehicle. In GTA III and GTA Liberty City Stories, the van appears to be based on a first generation Dodge Ram Van. A modified version of this van is used by the Southside Hoods gang.
From Grand Theft Auto: Vice City onwards, the Rumpo is very different, taking on the design originally sported by the Pony (see Naming confusion below). Rumpos typically sport a variety of company logos (eg. Final Build Construction).
GTA III (Rear quarter view).
GTA Vice City (Rear quarter view).
GTA San Andreas (Rear quarter view).
GTA Liberty City Stories (Rear quarter view).
GTA Vice City Stories (Rear quarter view).
When originally introduced in GTA III, the Rumpo is fairly fast, but with average handling and a tendency to two-wheel and tip over under rough cornering.
The redesigned Rumpo in GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City Stories handles much like the smaller Pony, but is slightly slower and heavier (weighting at 1700 kg, 100 kg less than the GTA III and GTA Liberty City Stories renditions). Also, because of it's height and stiff suspension it has a nasty tendency to jolt around and even tip on bumpy roads.
Despite its weight, the Rumpo is not particularly good for ramming, so all of these factors combine to make the Rumpo a vehicle to avoid. All Rumpos are also front-wheel drive (except in GTA Advance, which does not specify).
In GTA III, a unique all-black Rumpo (with black trims) appears during the "Under Surveillance" as a vehicle occupied by two targets which the player must kill. To acquire the van, the player must open fire at the vehicle at close range using a gun, forcing the occupants to exit the vehicle; if shot from a distance, the driver may use the van as a weapon to run over the player, making the act of retrieving the van more difficult. Once the targets are killed, the player may take control of the vehicle and save it in a garage after the mission is complete.
In GTA III, the Rumpo chiefly resembles a Dodge Ram Van; in subsequent games, however, the Ram Van-derived vehicle is named Burrito. In GTA III, the Pony is a large van with an elevated roof; in GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas, the Rumpo inherited this design, and the Pony was given a new one.
- The GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, and GTA Vice City Stories renditions of the Rumpo feature a cosmetic glitch in which any Rumpo using a Pay 'n' Spray will emerge with its front bumper facing in the opposite direction, towards the rear. The problem can be remedied simply by parking the vehicle in a garage, leaving the garage so that its door shuts, then returning. This glitch is also present in GTA Vice City's Pony.
- The white Rumpo driven by Colombian Cartel members in the opening cutscene of GTA III lacks the panelling on the rear doors and sides seen on ordinary Rumpos.
- The Rumpo plays the following radio stations when entered:
- Playback FM in GTA San Andreas.
- GTA III
- Near 8-Ball's bomb shop, Saint Marks.
- Liberty City Sawmill, Callahan Point.
- Underground parking in Liberty Tree complex.
- Newport parking garage.
- Carson General Hospital, Rockford, Staunton Island.
- Francis International Airport parking lot, Shoreside Vale.
- Behind some crates in the center area south of the fire station in Francis International Airport, Shoreside Vale.
- 2 spawn at the gate in the south part of the area with all the planes and hangars at Francis International Airport, Shoreside Vale.
- A unique black Rumpo in the mission Under Surveillance.
- GTA Vice City
- In an alley on the north side of the Malibu Club, Vice Point.
- In an alley just south of the Boatyard, Viceport.
- GTA San Andreas
- Near the entrance of Hunter Quarry, which is located between Bone County and Las Venturas
- Can be found quite regularly around Ocean Docks
- GTA Liberty City Stories
- Outside 8-Ball's bomb shop in Harwood, Portland.
- Across the road from the police station in Portland View.
- In the car park for Liberty City Memorial Stadium, Staunton Island.
- In the car park for Francis International Airport, Shoreside Vale.
- Spawns regularly around Portland.
- Joseph Daniel O'Toole owns a white Rumpo in the mission Bone Voyeur!, which can be obtained after the mission.
- GTA Vice City Stories
- Commonly spotted in various districts within Vice City Mainland (Viceport, Little Havana, Little Haiti and Downtown).
- Spawns at a corner of the hotel construction site featured in a mission, Downtown.
- GTA San Andreas variations