The SPA2 12 in GTA Vice City.
The SPAS 12 also known as the Spaz 12, S.P.A.S. 12 and Combat Shotgun is an automatic shotgun that appear in the following games:
The weapon's gas-powered repeater system generally holds seven shells in the undertube of the gun. The gun shoots in a fully automatic mode in the GTA Vice City rendition, however this feature was removed in later installments, presumably to curb the gun's power. The shotgun is not commonly found throughout the games; in GTA Vice City, only one Ammu-Nation sells the gun, at the extreme price of $4000, with a similar situation in GTA San Andreas. In GTA Liberty City Stories, the gun can only be obtained through one spawn location.
In Grand Theft Auto IV, the Combat Shotgun takes the form of a Remington 11-87 semiautomatic shotgun, with a thumbhole stock, 24-inch barrel with a full ventilated rib, and full-length magazine tube with sling swivels. The Combat Shotgun holds 10 shells in the magazine, with 70 in reserve. When the player enters any LCPD or NOOSE vehicle, the player is given this shotgun with five shells, if the slot is not already occupied. In the disc version of The Lost and Damned, the Combat Shotgun has been changed to have a pistol grip and tactical stock, similar to that of the M4 (although the player can still spot the Combat Shotgun in its earlier form in Terry Thorpe's gun van). This design is not carried on to The Ballad of Gay Tony, which instead features the original design.
This weapon is spelled as "Spaz 12" in the original PS2 version of GTA Vice City and in GTA Vice City Stories; and as 'S.P.A.S. 12' in later versions of GTA Vice City.
GTA Vice City
GTA San Andreas
GTA Liberty City Stories
GTA Vice City Stories
Grand Theft Auto IV
The Combat Shotgun can be purchased at the back-alley gun shops for $2500, and each additional magazine is $200. The player can also purchase them from Little Jacob for $1500, with each additional magazine costing $100.
- Northern Gardens - Can be found in the staff room of the Triangle Club, next to the CCTV camera monitors. This gun may be useful in the mission Undress to Kill.
- Colony Island - Can be found next to the front door of the old hospital building south of the big parking lot. This gun may be useful in the mission The Snow Storm.
- Lancaster - Can be found atop the roof of the RON gas station across the street from the LCPD precinct on Topaz St.
- Castle Gardens - Can be found in a vacant room in the Castle Gardens construction site. This gun may be useful in the mission Deconstruction for Beginners. The room is difficult to find: it is to the northeast of where the helicopter lands during the mission, down a ladder. The last contractor is usually killed on the ladder opposite.
- Alderney City - Can be found by the West River between the western support beam of the Hickey Bridge and the wall of Alderney. This shotgun can be reached by a ladder at the rear of the electrical substation on Applewhite St.
- Alderney City - Can be found atop an air conditioning tower on top of a building, behind a Science of Crime billboard off Applewhite St.
- Acter Industrial Park - Can be found underneath the flight of stairs in the old, decrepit warehouse featured in the mission Pegorino's Pride.
GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, and GTA LCS.
- In GTA IV and TLAD, blind-firing the shotgun from behind cover results in the character pumping the shotgun after each shot, as if he was using a pump shotgun. It is unknown whether this is a glitch or done for balancing purposes. This also happens with the Sawed-off Shotgun, although this stretches far from reality.
- The actual SPAS 12 shotgun is seen in GTA IV's loading sequences; artwork shows two NOOSE officers holding SPAS 12s, with one firing an MP10.
- Despite the fact that the player gets rounds of the combat shotgun when entered an LCPD or NOOSE vehicle, the LCPD and NOOSE officers use Pump Shotguns.
- The real life SPAS-12 12 Guage shotgun is made by Franchi.