Saint Mark's Bistro
- This article is about a mission in GTA San Andreas. For the bistro in Saint Mark's, which the mission also bases itself on, see Marco's Bistro.
|Saint Mark's Bistro|
Maccer, Carl Johnson, Ken Rosenberg, Salvatore Leone and Maria Latore in Caligula's Palace, discussing a possible hit in Liberty City
|Game||GTA San Andreas|
|Target||Un-named Forelli Family gang mobster|
|Location||The Strip, Las Venturas.|
A Home in the Hills|
Saint Mark's Bistro is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas given to protagonist Carl Johnson by Leone Family Don Salvatore Leone from the office at Caligula's Palace, a casino located along The Strip in Las Venturas, San Andreas.
Salvatore, impressed with CJ's handling of the incoming Forelli soldatos sent to assassinate him, gives Carl one last mission. He must perform a hit on a leading Forelli Family gang member and wipe out Forelli operations at Marco's Bistro in Liberty City. Carl flies from Las Venturas Airport to Liberty City, where he slaughters everyone in the building. He then flies back to Las Venturas, ending his association with Salvatore.
The reward for completing the mission is $20,000 and increased respect. The mission A Home in the Hills is unlocked by completing the mission. The clothing store Didier Sachs in Rodeo, Los Santos also becomes accessible after completing the mission.
- Using cheats to jump over the brick wall allows the player to explore parts of a poorly detailed Portland Island, however, the ground is not always solid, and only parts of the city are viewable.
- The Jetpack cheat cannot be used to fly away from the mission, as there is an invisible ceiling preventing the Jetpack from gaining height. A Gameshark or Action Replay cheats device however can allow the Jetpack to ascend.
- Deleted audio for the game reveals that Rockstar Games had intended for the high ranking Forelli Family gang member to be called Marco Forelli. However, as the audio was not used, the character remains un-named.
- Liberty City is technically an interior, found in the interior world, despite having an exterior look. It is located next to CJ's garage in San Fierro.
- During the mission, a car can be seen in the yard behind the bistro; it has a unique license plate reading "4GEDIT" ("forget it"), a message to the player to forget about exploring Liberty City.
- If the player destroys the Sentinel in the courtyard, then only the trunk and hood will fall off, and all the four doors will stay on, hinting that the car is locked when the player wants to enter it.
- The area behind the Bistro in GTA III and Liberty City Stories is just empty space.
- This mission originally had the Forelli mobster escape by car, which would lead CJ into a car chase around Portland Island. The mission was changed to a basic shootout early in development. This is the reason why the majority of Portand is only partially developed, with low textures.
|PS2 Version||PC Version|