San Andreas in GTA IV Era
The State of San Andreas was the primary location of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. It also exists in the Grand Theft Auto IV Era, although it is never seen apart from certain TV shows. It is still a state in the GTA IV era, as in the Liberty Tree article on the Eunux controversy states of a female plumber "run out of a town in San Andreas", which confirms San Andreas still is a state in the GTA IV era.
GTA IV Era
There are numerous references to San Andreas in the GTA IV Era. These include characters mentioning locations, TV shows, radio, and many others.
As seen by character dialogues and internet sites, the city names Los Santos (including Vinewood), Red County, San Fierro and Las Venturas are still used, confirming that these locations exist in the GTA IV era.
Like Liberty City, San Andreas will likely undergo a redesign if it is to feature in future games, either again as a state, or, more unlikely, a single city as it was in GTA 1. Aside from the city names, small town names are also taken and referenced in GTA IV.
References in GTA IV
- As the name suggests, Venturas Poker Challenge takes place in Las Venturas, and shows footage of Prickle Pine, Old Venturas Strip, V-Rock Hotel, The High Roller, and Verdant Meadows.
- The show Patriot 500 in depicts Carl Johnson driving a Hotring Racer around Los Santos International Airport.
- Many characters are born in either Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas.
- In multiplayer female face #2 says "This isn't San Andreas! DRIVE hippy!" during races.
- The clothing line Enema is based in Los Santos.
- In the mission First Date, after arriving at Firefly Island Michelle might comment on how she thinks they are turning the amusement park into a Las Venturas themed park.
- Carmen Ortiz references Los Santos in a date with Niko Bellic.
- Luca Silvestri and his crew plan to flee to Las Venturas during the mission Meltdown.
References in The Lost and Damned
- At the end of the mission Shifting Weight, Malc jokes that he and Johnny should get a room at the Jefferson Motel, a motel in Los Santos.