San Andreas in GTA V
| This article concerns a future game that is unreleased.
Some details may be speculative, and may not turn out to be correct.
The State of San Andreas is a fictional West Coast state in the United States. The state is based on California. It is unknown whether San Andreas will comprise both California and Nevada, since both states were featured as one state called "San Andreas" in both GTA: San Andreas and GTA IV.
- San Andreas is noticeably different from its rendition in GTA: San Andreas. For example, Los Santos has been completely redesigned. Though it shares a few resemblances to its San Andreas counterpart, with both renditions being directly based on Los Angeles, Los Santos has completely new neighborhoods, landmarks, and locations of many returning landmarks are different. In addition, GTA V's rendition of the city appears to be larger, and more geographically consistent with the real-life city of Los Angeles.
- It's highly likely we'll only see a small portion of the state (Southern San Andreas), since the game will likely take place in a "re-imagined, Southern California", but because "re-imagined" means a reiteration of a real-life place, R* may add places traditionally not included in Southern California.
- San Fierro and Las Venturas will at least likely be referenced in the game, like Los Santos, San Fierro, Las Venturas, and Vice City were all mentioned in IV, despite not being added, alongside real-life cities being mentioned.
- The name of the state can be confirmed from the license plates seen in the game, which are evidently based on California's.
- This rendition of the state will take place in modern day or perhaps near future (approx. 2008-2014), rather than 1992 in a previous rendition of the state. Not only does Rockstar's information confirm this, but also cars, landmarks (for example, Pacific Park, which is parodied as Pleasure Pier, was not opened until 1996), and the general game's plot on the recession era (late 2007-2010) and post-recession (2010-present day) United States.
- Los Santos
- Los Puerta? (Might be based on San Diego due to highway sign, but this could be a neighborhood of Los Santos or a city that won't be seen)
- Del Perro? (From highway signs, likely to be a city based on San Bernardino)
- San Fierro (might be referenced)
- Las Venturas (might be referenced)
- San Andreas in GTA III Era - the rendition of the same state in the GTA III era.
- San Andreas in GTA 1 - a city directly based on San Francisco in GTA 1.