Rear quarter view)|
A Sandking in GTA Vice City.
[[Appearance::GTA Vice City|
GTA San Andreas
GTA Vice City Stories]]
|Vehicle type||Racing 4x4|
|Body style||2-door SUV|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
The Sandking is a high-performance, off-road truck. Introduced in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, the Sandking has made repeated appearances in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories.
Similar (but not identical) to the Rancher, but the Sandking appears to be based on a 1984-1996 Jeep Cherokee (XJ) with a front bumper similar to a 1983-1990 Chevrolet S-10 and customizations similar to a Bowler Wildcat.
In all of its appearances, the Sandking is depicted with a myriad of modifications, commonly associated with other high performance off-road vehicles such as the BF Injection, Dune and Bandito. Among them include large MMT branded off road wheels, a large spoiler, and several air scoops on the hood and roof, and a high ground clearance that boosts the vehicle's height. The Sandking is only available with a two-tone racing livery, completely with sponsorship stickers, a blank sticker where a racing number should be. The livery also displays a "Sand Masters Cup" written on the side and rear.
GTA Vice City (Rear quarter view).
GTA San Andreas (Rear quarter view).
GTA Vice City Stories (Rear quarter view).
The Sandking seems to be mechanically related to the Rancher, and shares its off-road credibility. Its acceleration is above par and is an improvement on the rather quick Rancher. The suspension is stiffer than the Rancher, sacrificing some of the ride, but it's still very absorbent over rocks and other obstructions without rolling over easily. It does have a high center of gravity. Its handling is a big improvement over the Rancher but the suspension is still pretty soft so it rolls and pitches respectively; but it's still very impressive for a vehicle of this size and height. In GTA San Andreas, it is sometimes available with hydraulics common in low-riders, that helps climb large rocks, small cliffs or other challenging obstacles. Its massive ground clearance can sometimes actually be a hazard on the normal road, as it tends to literally run other cars over rather than just crash into them. If that happens, a rollover is hard to prevent because of the before mentioned high center of gravity. Otherwise it fares well on road but it isn't the best due to its soft suspension and height but is still competitive. Like the Rancher, it only seats two.
- In GTA San Andreas, the Sandking is a great choice for off roading, street racing, mountain climbing, cruising, launching off ramps and picking up girlfriends (as it boosts the player's sex appeal to about a 75% level, undamaged).
- Due to programming error, the PC version of the GTA San Andreas's Sandking lacks a sheen, and features white squares in place of sponsorship stickers.
- The Sandking plays the following radio stations by default when entered:
- K-DST in GTA San Andreas.
- In GTA San Andreas, sometimes the Sandking spawns with hydraulics already installed (despite being rejected at Transfender).
GTA Vice City
- At Sunshine Autos on the second floor after completion of the third list for the Sunshine Autos Import Garage.
GTA San Andreas
- Next to The Big Ear under the satellite in the fenced area.
GTA Vice City Stories