The Sandking is a high-performance, off-road truck. Introduced in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, the Sandking has made repeated appearances in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories.
Similar (but not identical) to the Rancher, but the Sandking appears to be based on a 1984-1996 Jeep Cherokee (XJ) with a front bumper similar to a 1983-1990 Chevrolet S-10, with customizations similar to a Bowler Wildcat. In all of its appearances, the Sandking is depicted with a myriad of modifications, commonly associated with other high performance off-road vehicles such as the Dune, Bandito and BF Injection. It has the words "Sand Masters Cup" written on the side and rear; in addition to its racing liveries, the Sandking boasts large MMT branded off road wheels, a large spoiler, and several air scoops on the hood and roof.
The Sandking seems to be mechanically related to the Rancher, and shares its off-road credibility. Its acceleration is above par and is an improvement on the rather quick Rancher. The suspension is stiffer than the Rancher, sacrificing some of the ride, but it's still very absorbent over rocks and other obstructions without rolling over easily. It does have a high center of gravity. Its handling is a big improvement over the Rancher but the suspension is still pretty soft so it rolls and pitches respectively; but it's still very impressive for a vehicle at this size and height. In GTA San Andreas, it is sometimes available with hydraulics common in low-riders, that helps climb large rocks, small cliffs or other challenging obstacles. It fares well on road but it isn't the best due to its soft suspension and height but is still competitive. Like the Rancher, it only seats two.
- In GTA San Andreas, the Sandking is a great choice for off roading, street racing, mountain climbing, cruising, launching off ramps and picking up girlfriends (as it boosts the player's sex appeal to about a 75% level, undamaged).
- Due to programming error, the PC version of the GTA San Andreas's Sandking lacks a sheen, and features white squares in place of sponsorship stickers.
- The Sandking plays the following radio stations by default when entered:
- K-DST in GTA San Andreas.
GTA Vice City
- At Sunshine Autos after completion of the third list for the Sunshine Autos Import Garage. It will be on the second floor.
GTA San Andreas
- Next to The Big Ear under the satellite in the fenced area.
GTA Vice City Stories