The Satchel Charges are a remotely-detonated explosive from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
When satchel charges are planted, the player gains a detonator in an additional weapon slot; by firing the detonator, the charges explode. Satchel charges can be detonated from any distance, and with any time delay, assuming they still exist. There is a limit of 32 satchel charges that can be placed at a time. After the limit is reached, any further placement of the charges won't appear. They will stick to walls, vehicles, and pedestrians if thrown on them. Throwing the satchel charges will cause the people around the player to scream and run away, even gaining a wanted level if thrown in front of the cops.
If the charges disappeared (through cutscenes or saving the game), the detonator will not disappear with the charges. Using the detonator will cause no explosion.
- Montgomery, Red County - Between the betting shop and another building.
- Avispa Country Club, San Fierro - Behind the main building of the country club
- Paradiso, San Fierro - In a house at the corner of an intersection with a staircase
- The Four Dragons Casino, Las Venturas - Outside the casino once all 50 Horseshoes have been found.
- Available to buy from Ammu-Nation for $2,000 after completion of Against All Odds.