Rear quarter view)|
A Savanna in GTA San Andreas.[[Image::File:Savanna-GTASA-front.jpg| ]]
|Appearance(s)||GTA San Andreas|
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||4-door convertible|
|Capacity||4 (driver and 3 passenger)|
The Savanna is a four-door open top lowrider in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
The Savanna is based on a 1963 Chevrolet Impala with the top portion of the grille altered to resemble that of the 1964 Impala (in early screenshots, however, the grille is not altered, completely resembling the '63's), with the back sporting a pair of double taillights similar to those on the Chevy Bel Air and Biscayne. The name "Savanna" is likely a reference to the Impala, as the animal of that name is found on the savannas. While normally appearing with only an open top, the car can be modified in Loco Low Co. to feature a hard top or a soft convertible top.
Being a lowrider, the Savanna can be used in the lowrider competion if hydraulics are equipped (Savanna's do not always spawn with hydraulics). It is also a four-door car, making it rather suitable for drive-bys and transporting gang members. Like the Hermes, it cannot be blown up with a fuel cap shot, as it does not have a visible fuel cap (not even shooting the license plate works).
The Grove Street Families use the Savanna as one of their gang cars.
The Savanna's main merit is its speed, with good acceleration to complement this. However, cornering is poor due to the car being heavy and bulky. Like the Blade, the car's brakes are very sensitive, giving it very responsive stopping power at any speed; this, however, risks a spin-out if the driver steers while braking (for instance, in a handbrake turn).
As mentioned, the Savanna can be modified at a Loco Low Co., which offers a myriad of customizations for the car, including the aforementioned hardtop and softtop add-ons:
- In the beta version of the game, the Savanna had different front design, front bumper and different wheels.
- Cesar Vialpando's car is a red Savanna with red seats and no hydraulics, except in the mission Photo Opportunity, wherein the car may have hydraulics. The license plate reads "LVA4L", referring to the Varrios Los Aztecas, Cesar's gang.
- The default radio station in the Savanna is Radio Los Santos.
- Spawns regularly in Los Santos.
- Near a house west of Loco Low Co. in Willowfield, Los Santos.
- Found commonly in Grove Street Families territories( driven by Grove Street Families members).
- Spawns often while driving a Perennial.
- Parked inside the second floor of the Wang Cars showroom in San Fierro after the completion of "Customs Fast Track".
- Can often be found on lonely highways near Bone County and Las Venturas.