The Savanna is a four-door open top lowrider in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
Being a lowrider, the Savanna can be used in the lowrider competion if hydraulics are equipped (Savannas don't always spawn with hydraulics). It is a four-door, making it rather suitable for drive-bys and transporting gang members. Like the Hermes, it cannot be blown up with a fuel cap shot, as it does not have a visible fuel cap (not even shooting the license plate works).
The Savanna is based on a 1963 Chevrolet Impala with the top portion of the grille altered to resemble that of the 1964 Impala (in beta screenshots, however, the grille isn't altered, completely resembling the '63's). The back has a pair of double taillights similar to those of the Chevy Bel Air and Biscayne. The name "Savanna" is likely a reference to the Impala, as the animal of that name is found on savannas. While normally appearing with only an open top, the car can be modified in Loco Low Co. to feature a hard top or a soft convertible top.
The Grove Street Families use the Savanna as one of their gang cars.
The Savanna main merit is its speed, with quite good acceleration to complement this. Like the Blade, the car's brakes are very sensitive, giving it very responsive stopping power at any speed; this, however, risks a spin-out if the driver steers while braking (for instance, in a handbrake turn).
- In the beta version of the game, the Savanna had different front design, front bumper and different wheels.
- Cesar Vialpando's car is a red Savanna with red seats and no hydraulics, except in the mission Photo Opportunity, wherein the car may have hydraulics. The license plate reads "LVA4L", referring to the Varrios Los Aztecas, Cesar's gang.
- The default radio station in the Savanna is Radio Los Santos.
- Spawns regularly in Los Santos
- Found commonly in Grove Street Families territories
- Near a house west of Loco Low Co. in Willowfield, Los Santos
- Parked inside the second floor of the Wang Cars showroom in San Fierro after the completion of Customs Fast Track
- Can often be found on lonely highways near Bone County and Las Venturas
- Driven by Grove Street Families members