Scenario.dat is found at the folder common/data/ of Grand Theft Auto IV's path. This file can be opened with any text editor. This file appears to contain all the actions that happens ramdonly in the city, such as Police's checking ramdon vehicles, people fixing their vehicles or security guards on club's doors.
The scenario file is divided in two sections: Seated scenarios and vehicle scenarios, vehicle scenarios need to be spawned with vehicles. They all have the same structure: ScenarioName Argument1 Argument2...
- unique scenario name (for example: Seat_InternetCafe)
- StartEnd(time1, time2)
- scenario will only be spawned between these times
- Probability between 0 and 1 that this scenario is spawned each time the point is evaluated
- the task that will be run with this scenario, can be of:
|Stationary||stands still and plays anims|
|MoveBetween(time)||moves between nearby points playing anims, stands statinory for a max of time seconds|
|Group||Spawns on the point but also spawns other peds around in conversation|
|Seated||Spawns the ped sitting down|
|Wandering||The ped wanders as normal, playing anims|
- MaxInRange( maxNo, range )
- will limit the number of peds in this scenario to maxno within range metres, so if range were 10, even if 100 points were within a 10m radius only Maxno would spawn
- additional offset for specific seating anims that differ from the placement node (steps and walls)
- scenario will attract new wandering peds to use it, as well as generating peds there
- the ped will leave the scenario after the time specified
- scenario will only spawn models contained in a group on popcycle.dat
- scenario will force load the model if its not already loaded (to a maximum of 2 simultaneously loaded models)
- Block a specific model from using the scenario, allowed up to 8
Seat_HospitalWaiting StartEnd(8, 18) Task(Seated) BlockModel(F_M_Business_02) BlockModel(F_M_Business_01)
Filename, starts at 8 AM, ends at 18 PM, Task is seated, blockmodels to F_M_Business_02 and F_M_Business_01
| Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts.|
See Grand Theft Wiki:Copyright for more information.