- This article refers to cars that are specifically referred to by a game's HUD as a "Sentinel XS". For the "XS" variant of the Sentinel referred simply as the "Sentinel", see Sentinel article.
Rear quarter view)|
A Sentinel XS in GTA Vice City.
GTA Vice City |
GTA Vice City Stories
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||4-door sedan|
|Capacity||4 (driver and three passengers)|
The Sentinel XS is a sportier variant of the regular Sentinel luxury car in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories and Grand Theft Auto V. The car is related to the Mafia/Leone Sentinel, gang car of the Leone Family in Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories.
"You try paying for a high-end one of these - and alimony."
- Official Vice City Bureau of Investigation file description, GTA Vice City.
Ever since the Sentinel's introduction in GTA III, a sportier variant has been present in every GTA game, excluding GTA San Andreas. The Sentinel XS's main visual distinction from the regular Sentinel is its spoiler and rear window grilles; performance-wise, the car is faster than the regular Sentinel, suggestively alluding on the BMW M5, although the car, like regular Sentinels, is still visually similar to the E23 7 Series BMW, which was not used in the M5 series. In GTA Vice City Stories, the Sentinel XS is not given the same aesthetic modification as the game's Sentinel, resulting in the car appearing more distinctive in the game. The Sentinel XS also emit a different engine sound than the regular Sentinel.
The Sentinel XS is the preferred gang car of the Mendez Cartel in GTA Vice City Stories.
- GTA Vice City
- Spawns in a parking lot near the Escobar International Airport terminal building.
- GTA Vice City Stories
- XS is a homophone of "excess," which may refer to the cars modifications that don't actually affect its performance in GTA IV.
- In the November 8, 2012 Game Informer preview of GTA V, Michael's wife, Amanda, is stated to have driven a "Sentinel XS". It is currently unknown if the car follows GTA IV's naming convention of simply referring to a Sentinel with "XS" badges as a "Sentinel" in HUD, or if the car is to be officially referred as a "Sentinel XS".