Serbia, officially known as Republic of Serbia, is a Balkan country in Eastern Europe. A successor of Yugoslavia, it was involved into a tough civil war in late 1990s. After the war, the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia was established, with another state called Montenegro. In 2005, as the two states split, Serbia became an indepenent country.
- Niko Bellic, a newcomer to Liberty City, also a revenger on the betrayer from the Fifteen Man Squad in Yugoslav Wars.
- Roman Bellic, cousin of Niko, fled to Liberty City to get rid of the wars.
- Milica Bellic, Niko's mother and Roman's aunt.
- Darko Brevic, the betrayer that Niko has been finding for years. His fate can be determined by the player in the mission "That Special Someone".
- Many players from non-Cyrillic-writing regions often mistake Niko and the above to be Russian. Especially, in a mission, a Russian character uses Serbian to pronounce the word "cabbage". This may be due to Rockstar's poor knowledge of languages.