Sharks in GTA Vice City.
|Games:||GTA Vice City |
GTA Vice City Stories
|Locations:||Prawn Island, Vice Point|
|Type:||Street Gang, formerly criminal organization.|
|Enemies:||Bikers, Cholos, Los Cabrones/Cubans, Patrol Invest Group, Diaz's Gang|
|Colors:||GTA VC: Denim Jackets, red or white shirts|
GTA VCS: Brown, white, blue, gray pants and colorful berets
|Vehicles:||Gang Rancher (in GTA VCS)|
Gang Burrito (in GTA VC)
|Weapons:||GTA VC: Pistol|
GTA VCS: MAC-10, Uzi, AK-47, Scorpion (see notes), Chainsaw (see notes)
|Businesses:||Drug dealing, robbery, smuggling, Extortion, Prostitution, Loan Shark.|
GTA Vice City
In GTA Vice City, the gang hangs around the outside of the North Point Mall and several dilapidated houses Prawn Island but are not a threat to any other gang in Vice City. They can also be seen driving their Gang Burritos (the vehicle of the second generation of the Sharks). It is suggested that they are involved in arms smuggling and drug trafficking . They seem to be on bad terms with Mitch Baker's Vice City Bikers; in a mission, they even stole his prized motorcycle and store it in their garage depot in Downtown Vice City . The leader of the band betrays Ricardo Diaz and steals his shipment of drugs, causing Diaz to order Tommy Vercetti to kill him and many others in an airstrike. They are listed as "Streetwannabe's', with the use of the apostrophe in the stats menu, but Shark logos on the backs of their denim jackets, with graffiti on buildings and cars gang shows that they are actually the Sharks. They are usually seen wearing denim jackets, jeans and red bandanas.
GTA Vice City Stories
In GTA Vice City Stories, the gang hangs around Vice City Beach, east of Vice City. They manage a number of drug, smuggling, robbery and extortion businesses which Victor Vance finally took over. The Sharks continue to attack Victor until all their businesses were taken. They often hunt Victor in their Gang Ranchers (the vehicle of the first generation of Sharks) and sometimes try to destroy his empire sites. They are seen wearing brightly colored shirts, light brown or gray pants and berets with a shark logo.
The Sharks in GTA Vice City are not especially hostile to the player, unless he attacks them, in this case they will defend themselves, despite the fact that their (or one of their) leader(s) has been murdered by Tommy Vercetti under the orders of Ricardo Diaz, with the help of Lance Vance, a helicopter, and an M-60.
Sharks are commonly seen congregating, moving in groups or driving Gang Burritos in Vice Point and Prawn Island They are not ordinarily hostile to Tommy, and will only attack in self-defense, if the player carjacks a Gang Burrito, or if the "Riot" cheat or the "Pedestrians Hate You" cheat has been activated.
Sharks patrolling Prawn Island and Vice Point may attack or be attacked by the Vercetti Gang if they enter or go near the grounds of InterGlobal Films. The Sharks are frequently in conflict with the Patrol Invest Group over turf, and gunfights between both parties are not uncommon; police act against both parties when gun battles occur. In addition, policemen will pursue and kill Sharks gangsters in the same manner as they do with other gang members and street criminals, allowing the player to attain "Good Citizen Bonuses" worth $50 each for each punch/kick/attack delivered to a fleeing Shark. The player must be careful though, as the Shark (or any nearby Sharks) may attack player with a pistol. Also, accidentally hitting the cop will give the player a one star wanted level, killing the cop will give the player two.
- Some independent gangs/factions in Vice City are also listed as Streetwannabes according to statistics from the game. This includes soldiers at Fort Baxter Air Base and "gangs" that appear in some missions, such as the Forelli Family members in "Keep Your Friends Close...", the French agents in "All Hands on Deck!", and the bodyguards of the counterfeiting syndicate in "Hit The Courier".
- The Scorpion is used by members if the player attacks their business.
- The Chainsaw is not used by all members, but is used by a member of the Sharks in "Leap and Bound".
- In Vice City Stories (1984), the Sharks are seen in Ocean Beach, Washington Beach, Prawn Island, Vice Point and even have influence in Viceport, but their influence has shrunk into a small street gang. The only territory they have left are Prawn Island and the Vice Point region.
- In Vice City Stories (1984), the Sharks are in a war with the Vice City Bikers and are constantly attacking each others Empire Building. This explains why the Sharks stole Mitch Baker's bike (which Tommy had to Retrieve in 'Hog Tied'). It is implied the Sharks still hold hatred towards the Bikers.