Rear quarter view)|
A Slamvan in GTA San Andreas.
GTA San Andreas |
The Lost and Damned
Civilian truck (GTA:SA)|
Civilian van (TLAD)
2-door pickup truck (GTA:SA)|
2-door panel van (TLAD)
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
The Slamvan is a vehicle available to the player in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and is also featured in the downloadable episodic pack The Lost and Damned for Grand Theft Auto IV. The Slamvan also appears in The Ballad of Gay Tony during "Frosting on the Cake", where it is obtainable via a glitch.
GTA San Andreas
In GTA San Andreas the Slamvan resembles a heavily customized 1967-1972 GMC C/K, in fact, it appears to be based on Jim Bayne's customized 1968 GMC truck. The truck may also appear with a custom chain steering wheel. Like other lowriders in the game, certain traffic-spawned Slamvan's may come readily equipped with hydraulics. Slamvans equipped with hydraulics can be used to enter the Lowrider Challenge at Unity Station, Los Santos.
The Slamvan road-going merit lies in its raw power; the truck has good acceleration and can reach very high top speeds along a straightway - especially with nitrous equipped, and is easy to stop and corner due to its lighter weight. However, its long wheelbase makes it slightly harder to corner at high speeds as the truck is vulnerable to spinouts. Naturally, the Slamvan, being a two-seater, only has room for two people; it also raises the player's sex appeal to over 60%.
Being a lowrider, Slamvan's in GTA San Andreas may be modified further at Loco Low Co. in Willowfield, Los Santos. The selections of customizations offered for the Slamvan is wide-ranging, boasting unique paintjobs and unique body enhancements, including distinctive chrome trims and "wheelcovers" or wheel skirts, making the Slamvan the only vehicle in GTA San Andreas with optional wheel skirts.
The Lost and Damned
While retaining a low-riding appearance with a lowered front end, The Lost and Damned's Vapid Slamvan assumes the design of a 1950s panel van based on a 1953–1956 Ford F-Series van with some mild custom features, but awkwardly appears to have the windshield and door tops from a 1980s Ford F-Series.
The Slamvan is very similar to The Lost and Damned's Towtruck, which is a Heavy Duty truck variant of the same make it is based on, but features a more aggressive radiator grille and headlight cluster design and an interior (derived from the Rancher) with a red color scheme and classic steering wheel (in comparison to the Towtruck's brown, worn-out interior).
The van comes in only four color schemes, one of which is a two-tone gray body color, and another encompasses a black body with red outer rims. The Slamvan also bears The Lost MC's insignias. Slamvan lacks any model and brand badges, but police radio chatter will refer the van as the "Vapid Slamvan".
The Slamvan's performance is below average, being attributed largely by its poor acceleration, although the van can achieve average speeds. The van's rear wheel torque also makes the van prone to burnouts, but is capable of relatively good cornering and braking, presumably because of its lighter weight.
- The Slamvan plays the following radio stations by default when entered:
- The Ballad of Gay Tony's Slamvan has a different horn from the Lost and Damned counterpart. In addition, the Slamvan in The Ballad of Gay Tony backfires through its exhaust pipes, while the The Lost and Damned rendition does not.
- In the
EP2audio file for the Slamvan's engine noise, inside the
Audiodata for the The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony Slamvan, the sound files are named
EP1_PICKUP, possibly indicating that the Slamvan was to be a pickup truck similar to that in GTA San Andreas during development of The Lost and Damned. This is further supported by police chatter referring to it as a pickup and not a van, implying that the developers did not manage to change the lines after the Slamvan was redesigned.
- The Slamvan in The Ballad of Gay Tony and The Lost and Damned lack license plates.
- GTA San Andreas
- The Slamvan may spawn in traffic under the following conditions:
- While riding a BF-400 in Temple, Vinewood, Market, or Market Station, Los Santos (Tuesday).
- While riding a PCJ-600 in Rodeo, Los Santos (Wednesday).
- While riding a HPV-1000 in Market, Los Santos, usually by Jim's Sticky Ring.
- While driving a Bullet in Queens, San Fierro (Monday).
- While driving a Savanna on The Strip, Las Venturas (Tuesday), or the Euros in the same location (Saturday).
- While driving a ZR-350 or Stratum in San Fierro (Saturday or Sunday).
- While driving a Blade in Prickle Pine (Wednesday); other possible days/vehicles there.
- While walking around Paradiso, San Fierro, and Rodeo/Downtown Los Santos.
- While walking around The Visage & Pirates in Men's Pants, Las Venturas (Thursday).
- Parked in an alley near the El Corona safehouse, Los Santos. It is alarmed 50% of the time and locked 10% of the time. It is only seen parked when wanted for export.
- Parked at the rear entrance of the sex shop in El Corona, Los Santos (only when wanted for export).
- Importable from Easter Basin (San Fierro) after completing export lists. Import cost: $15,200 (only available on Sunday).
- The Lost and Damned
- Used in the mission "Heavy Toll".
- Sometimes in a gang war, the Angels of Death will cruise around in one. Kill all the Angels of Death members and the Slamvan is yours for the taking. Try not to tear it up during the gang war though. These often have unique paintjobs such as blue/white and black/orange that you can't find on other Slamvans.
- If you call Terry Thorpe for weapons, he always comes in a Slamvan, it is locked but there is a way to steal it - kill Terry and use a large vehicle like the Fire Truck and push it to a parking space; make sure Terry's corpse is out of the van or it will not save, the Fire Truck's water cannon may be able to get it out.
- Can be spawned via cheat code (826-555-0100).
- The Ballad of Gay Tony
- Slamvans are seen in the mission "Frosting on the Cake", and one can be obtained through use of a glitch.