|GTA Vice City.|
[[Appearance::GTA Vice City|
GTA San Andreas
GTA Vice City Stories
|Vehicle type||Civilian watercraft|
|Body style||Speed boat|
1 (GTA III — GTA Vice City Stories)|
4 (GTA IV)
The Squalo is a go-fast boat in the Grand Theft Auto series available in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, and Grand Theft Auto IV. The name of the boat is the Italian word for "shark."
Throughout its appearances before GTA IV, the Squalo is depicted with a long sleek hull, and, in GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas, are specifically given "Squalo II" and "Squalo III" names, respectively, suggesting a series of Squalos were released over time. GTA IV's rendition of the Squalo, on the other hand, assumes a more curved and modern design, but is comparably shorter than its earlier counterparts. The Squalo is initially given a distinctive spoiler mounted over the occupants' seats in GTA Vice City, but was not present in the GTA San Andreas rendition. GTA Vice City Stories saw the return of the spoiler, while GTA IV features Squalos with or without a spoiler. Color variations may also vary between games. In its original appearance in GTA Vice City, the boat comes with a combination of a constant white with a variable bright color, while later renditions feature more flexible color choices.
The Squalo's sleek design is matched by its performance. One of the boat's merits is its acceleration and top speed, which is the result of power motors as well as a streamlined hull that allows the boat to be propelled into the air, avoiding as much drag from contact with water as possible; the boat is also capable of turning in a dime when the throttle is applied as the front half of the hull is launched off the water, reducing the amount of mass underwater to steer.
In reality, the Squalo's speed in GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City Stories is not superior to that of the (Cuban) Jetmax, being only second to the Jetmax. While playtests and examination of internal files reveal the Jetmax is faster, misconception of the boat's performance arises in a GTA Vice City mission, "The Fastest Boat", during which Ricardo Diaz claims a Squalo which he wants is the "fastest boat".
The Squalo's performance in GTA IV ranks higher than the Jetmax, as the Jetmax was redesigned in with a less efficient design, while the Squalo retains its ability to maintain minimal contact with the surface of water as well as being shorter and lighter.
- In the GTA Vice City mission "Supply & Demand", the Squalo used in this mission is bulletproof, fireproof and explosion proof. It is possible to obtain it. First kill Lance to fail the mission. Then beach it near a safehouse with a garage and push it into the garage by sprinting into it or pushing it with a car.
- The GTA Vice City and Vice City Stories version closely resembles to one used in Miami Vice, another homage to the show in the game.
- In GTA San Andreas, the vehicle automatically plays K-DST upon entry.
- In GTA IV, the player can cause the spoiler of a Squalo, if there is one, to detach as a result of a violent crash.
- Brucie Kibbutz owns a black and green Squalo, which is drivable when you select the Boating activity with him.
- In Vice City Stories, during the purchase of a Squalo, the message in the top left corner misspells the boat's name as "Squallo."
- GTA Vice City
- GTA Vice City Stories
- Docked at the Marina in Ocean Beach, at the north dock.
- It can be bought by the player for around $4000 after you have finished Phil Cassidy missions at a small pier near the Vice City Junkyard in Little Haiti, Vice City.
- GTA San Andreas
- Docked at Bayside Marina, next to the Boat School, after a silver medal is awarded.
- Under Garver Bridge, San Fierro.
- On water near Gant Bridge, San Fierro Bay. This one usually has a special black and red paintjob.
- GTA IV
- Brucie Kibbutz owns a Squalo, if you do the Boating activity with him, you commander the boat to a destination. However the player cannot steal it, if the player kills Brucie, you can be found back on land.
- Found docked near the abandoned casino in Alderney.
- Commonly found on the waterways of Liberty City.
- Occasionally spawns in the waters near the beach in Westdyke (normally different boats spawn there).
- It's used by Niko in the missions Babysitting, Catch the Wave, and A Revenger's Tragedy.