Sub Machine Gun
A Sub Machine Gun describes a series of firearms that are smaller than assault rifles and fire pistol-caliber ammunition. SMGs are used the world over in military and law enforcement applications, and are also used for criminal acts by certain criminal groups. There are three sub machine guns in the Grand Theft Auto series: the Uzi, the MP5 and the Scorpion. SMGs are a staple of the Grand Theft Auto games in that they provide more firepower than a pistol, and are more easily wielded than assault rifles. SMGs can be found in Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, Grand Theft Auto Advance, and Grand Theft Auto IV. SMGs are found in great supply throughout all games, whether through gun shops, gang members, high-level law enforcement, or just laying around the city.
In Grand Theft Auto IV, the SMG is the in-game reference to the SW MP-10, which is a heavily-modified MP5 variant with no rear stock and a foregrip-mounted light, which does not activate. The SMG appears in the hands of NOOSE and the FIB at the three and four star wanted levels.
Grand Theft Auto IV
The SMG can be purchased at the back-alley gun shops for $2500 and each additional magazine costs $150. It can be purchased from Little Jacob for $1750 and each additional magazine will cost $20.
- Schottler - Can be found on an air-conditioning ductwork in an alley between Boone St and Dillon St. This pickup is tricky to get to: the player can reach it by scaling the wooden fence on the Boone St side and following the ductwork there.
- Francis International Airport - Can be found on the top level of the parking garage to the southwest of the airport subway station.
- South Bohan/Chase Point - Can be found on the roof of the crack den the player enters during the mission Escuela of the Streets.
- East Holland - Can be found in an alley between Wardite St and Vauxite St.
- North Holland - Can be found on the roof of the Linen Room club on Vauxite St.
- Alderney City - Can be found in the alley where you confront the Triads during the mission Truck Hustle.
- Alderney City - Can be found behind the building where you meet Phil Bell for the mission Catch the Wave.
- Normandy - Can be found atop a gantry crane in Port Tudor.
- Acter Industrial Park - Can be found on the seventh floor of an observation platform of a RON Oil refinery on the southern side of the island. This is a particularly long way to go to get this weapon, however, and is not recommended.