GTA San Andreas rendition
The Sultan is based on the early 1990s GC Chassis Subaru Impreza WRX (or WRX STi.) Like the Subaru, it has a small, yet powerful turbocharged engine, and a four wheel drive layout. Its performance is comparable to that of the sports coupes and supercars in the game, whilst its grippy four wheel drive system makes it controllable, and less prone to spinning out (like some of the rear wheel drive cars do). The Sultan in is the fastest four-door car in the game. Players favor the Sultan for drive-by attacks, its four seat capacity, performance to outrun rival gang or police vehicles, and its large array of modifications.
GTA IV rendition
Revealed to be manufactured by Karin, the GTA IV Sultan draws upon the Japanese import styling of the previous Sultan, although no longer resembling one car. It has a 1998-2005 Lexus IS inspired front end; the sides (including the bottom halves of the doors) and rear are influenced heavily by those of the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V, but the greenhouse (including the top halves of the doors) is much closer to the 1998-2004 Lexus IS.
The Sultan remains fast, grippy and engaging, due to a powerful 3.5L Twin Turbo V6 engine and all wheel drive system. Whilst many similarly sized sedans offer similar straight line performance, the added stability of the Sultan allows fast cornering, making it a perfect choice for races or getaways. It is truly one of the best 4 door cars in the game.
In GTA IV, all versions of the Sultan (normal version, RS, not counting the Korean Mob tuned version) come with alarms. The most popular alarms are the horn and beep ones.
There are three variants of the Sultan, the regular car, the tuned car, and the Sultan RS. The regular Sultan and tuned Korean Mob Sultan are both four door sedans while the Sultan RS is a two door coupe. The standard Sultan is modestly styled, with a leaning towards performance. This is suggested by the small hood scoop, sports rims, along with reasonable performance. The Korean Mob Sultan comes with a blue paint job and a large rear spoiler, making the car give the impression of a Subaru Impreza WRX STI. A Sultan may also appear with custom paint jobs and spoilers, but no enhanced performance.
GTA San Andreas
- Spawns in the Wang Cars showroom in Downtown/King's/Doherty, (San Fierro) after completing the asset missions.
- The Sultan is usually seen being driven in San Fierro and Las Venturas, yet it is rarely seen in Los Santos.
- The Sultan should be easy to find around parts of Liberty City, as it's a very popular and common car.
- A Sultan can be found parked outside the apartment in the mission Blow Your Cover as a getaway car.
- The Sultan RS can be found behind a garage in Westdyke, Alderney and sometimes spawns around Algonquin.
- The Alternate Tuned Sultan is mostly found around Alderney City and is driven by Korean Mob Members.
- The Sultan plays the following radio stations by default when entered:
- Karin Sultan Stevie Theft.jpg
The Sultan Stevie requests in GTA IV.
- Sultan (GTACW).png
A Sultan in GTA: Chinatown Wars.