Supply & Demand
|Supply & Demand|
Ricardo Diaz telling Tommy Vercetti about the freelance drug dealer who has drugs that he wants.
|Game||GTA Vice City|
|Location||Diaz' Mansion, Starfish Island, Vice City|
Death of Tommy Vercetti|
Death of Lance Vance
The boat is destroyed
Failing to purchase the drugs first
|Unlocks||Death Row (after completing Sir, Yes Sir!)|
|Unlocked by||The Fastest Boat|
Tommy Vercetti, having acquired the fastest boat, returns to Ricardo Diaz' mansion to find an angry Diaz frustrated that his VCR would not eject his favourite El Burro movie. Vercetti, after pointing out the VCR is likely not plugged in, is told that every month a freelance drug dealer moors his yacht and sell his cargo to the first person to arrive, which is going to be Vercetti in the boat he had previously acquired.
Vercetti leaves Diaz' mansion and goes to the small jetty where he meets Lance Vance who decides to accompany him. The two drive the boat through a long and changing course before reaching the drug dealer before the other boats, which includes Cuban gangsters. The two, after purchasing the drugs for Diaz, return to Diaz' mansion while avoiding attacking boats, which include Cuban gangsters, and later a helicopter.
(Diaz's TV room, Tommy Vercetti and Ricardo Diaz, Ricardo screams, senselessly at his VCR)
Ricardo Diaz: EJECT! PLASTIC CRAP! You doing this to me? Who do you think you are, you piece of plastic SHIT? Aaargh! SCREW YOU!
(Diaz shoots his VCR and then notices Tommy had arrived.)
Ricardo Diaz: It eats my favorite El Burro movie, it die! What else could I do?
Tommy Vercetti: It's probably not plugged in.
Ricardo Diaz: What?
(Diaz looks at the wall and sees the VCR wasn't plugged in.)
Ricardo Diaz: Damn - no matter, I can buy a hundred more. Now Tommy, each month a freelancer sails into Vice City and moors his yacht. He sells his cargo to the first boat. I want you to take the speedboat and beat all the other shitheads to it, then you bring the cargo here, OK?
(Diaz Jetty, Tommy and Lance Vance)
Tommy Vercetti: Let me guess, you thought I could use a guardian angel.
Lance Vance: I'm just saying you need to let me in there, my man. Now you can feed me all this "Lonely Tough Guy" crap, but I know one day I'm gonna save your ass, and you're probably gonna wanna kiss me!
Tommy Vercetti: Wacko.
Lance Vance: Hahahaha!
(The Fastest Boat, Tommy and Lance)
Lance Vance: We got some competition! So Tommy, we know it was Diaz who busted our deal. So why the hell are we running errands for him?
Tommy Vercetti: The more we learn now, the less we have to learn when we take this town over!
Lance Vance: I like your style, man. Real fresh. It's time for the Lance Vance Dance.
(The Fastest Boat, Tommy and Lance)
(Tommy and Lance obtain the cargo)
Lance Vance: Watch yourself, they're coming from all over!
Tommy Vercetti: Got 'em. Head for Diaz's as fast as you can!
(Tommy starts shooting and screaming at the men on the other speedboats.)
Tommy Vercetti: Eat it! EAT IT! Sleep with the fish!
Lance Vance: There are gunmen on that jetty! More trouble up ahead!
Tommy Vercetti: You want some of this!
(Diaz Jetty, Tommy and Lance)
Lance Vance: Good shooting, my friend. You're a real, proper, grade A lunatic!
Tommy Vercetti: Well, thank you.
Lance Vance: See you around Tommy.
Tommy Vercetti: Okay, Mr. Lance Vance Dance.
(Lance speeds off in the boat)
Post mission phone call(s)
Lance Vance: Yo, Tommy, it's Lance.
Tommy Vercetti: Yeah?
Lance Vance: Oh, nice to hear from you, Lance. Come on, man, be cool, be cool.
Tommy Vercetti: I'm in the middle of something. What do you want?
Lance Vance: Nothing. Just to say, you know. Look, Tommy, we can do this thing. You and me, no problem. You know what I mean ?
Tommy Vercetti: We're going to have to do it, 'cause otherwise, we're going to be dead, Lance. We're in too far now. But thanks for the call. I'll speak to you later.
The following phone call may instead be triggered after completion of the mission Sir, Yes Sir!, depending on which mission is completed last
Kent Paul: Awright me ol'china! It's Paul. I might have a little result for you, but I need to speak to you in person. I'm enjoying a little R&R at the Club Malibu. Reckon you're gonna owe me a favor or two after this, sunshine. I'll see you later.
- The song heard during the opening cut scene is Dance Hall Days by Wang Chung, which is also featured on the radio station Flash FM.
- Diaz mentions his El Burro tape, presumably bizarre bestiality porn made by the same character in Grand Theft Auto III.
- It is strange that the Cubans in this mission drive Speeders instead of their gangboat, the Jetmax, although this is probably to make the mission easier to complete for the player, as the Jetmax has a higher top speed and has more superior acceleration than the Squalo.
- The Squalo used in this mission is bulletproof, fireproof and explosion proof. It is possible to obtain it. First kill Lance to fail the mission. Then beach it near a safehouse with a garage and push it into the garage by sprinting into it or pushing it with a car. This video will show how.
- If the player has already completed the mission Sir, Yes Sir! before completing this mission, the phone call from Kent Paul telling Tommy he has some information for him will immediately be triggered. This is followed later on by the phone call from Lance, which makes no sense considering the information Kent Paul has is that Lance has been captured by Diaz's men, so logically Lance would not make a casual phone call to Tommy in that situation.
The rival boats setting off for the freelance drug dealer.
|PC Version - GTASeriesVideos|